Where do you keep your bike(s)?

2»

Comments

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    My goodness, with the number of bikes in the bedroom Freud would have had a field day!
  • trailstar
    trailstar Posts: 114
    i live in a two bedroom flat with my girlfriend, my good carbon roadie is currently in my main bedroom and my commuter/winter bike is locked up in the communal hall/close.

constant arguments on where the bike should go inside.. haha
  • Lillywhite
    Lillywhite Posts: 742
    Peddle Up! wrote:
    Lillywhite wrote:
    Four bikes hanging from ceiling in internal store room. :wink:

Speaking of which, Lidl are selling a cycle hoist for a fiver this week!

Saw that. However, simple large plastic covered metal hooks screwed, through the plasterboard, into the floor joists above provide a very safe and cost effective bike storage solution and other stuff can be stored beneath the bikes on the floor. I've had this bike storage method for over 20 years.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    I have 5 in the Garage which is built into the home and my Cervelo is permanently during the cold months set up on the Turbo in the Hallway. Also in the Garage is my daughters bike and my future son in laws.
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    One in the living room, one in the hall. Girlfriend doesn't complain because I said she'd have to pay for the replacements should I leave them outside and get covered in rust or stolen.
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • Mine and my Missus' in the shed. Only a small 6x4 but would like i bigger shed as i have another bike in her Mums shed. As for bringing it indoors, even sparkly clean is a no no.

I tried wheeling it through the house to the back garden after i picked it up to save going round the side and that wasnt allowed!!
  • winel0rd
    winel0rd Posts: 9
    in my front room with me.

+1. Used to keep mine in the garage, but our relationship has blossomed. :oops:
  • All securely locked in the garage

and the missus' old mountain bike with a buckled wheel (my fault - not hers) in there too

plenty of room there as it's too small to fit a car in and attached to my house!
    Road - '10 Giant Defy 3.5
    MTB - '05 Scott Yecora
    BMX - '04 Haro Nyquist R24 (don't judge me)
  • ducknumber1
    ducknumber1 Posts: 1,158
    The remains of mine still hang in the steps down to the cellar.

Is there a specific mourning period for this?
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    i keep both of mine in the dining room /extension. when i leave the house or when its dark i shut the blinds, and also the frosted window on the door has mirrored effect window tint to stop prying eyes :)
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • JohnBoyUK
    JohnBoyUK Posts: 206
    I live in a 1st floor 3 bed maisonette in South East London, so I've got the advantage of a big outside store cupboard under the stairs, which are inside the property.

I've got the cupboard wired up to the house alarm, with 3 decent locks on the cupboard door and I've had two anchor points installed on the walls, with my gold standard locks around both my roadie and MTB.

Good luck to any thief if they can get past all that :)
  • floosy
    floosy Posts: 270
    Old MTB (still used as converted to single speed) and the Carrera Subway in the shed.

Road bike and full susser in the dinning room.

Dave.
  • rogerthecat
    rogerthecat Posts: 669
    1 in Bedroom
    1 in Hall
    1 in Garage
    1 in Shed.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    all 3 are in the lounge behind the couch, benefit of living alone.
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 358
    3 MTB's an old roadie frame and spare wheels in shed at home,

Winter roadie now in garage at home

Summer roadie in bedsit in london.

Winter and summer bikes swap about depending on the weather.
    FCN 7

FCN 4

if you use irrational measures to measure me, expect me to behave irrationally to measure up
  • In the bedroom. I live in a block of flats so only other choice is living room.
    Problem I have is where to clean the bike. At the moment I have to wait till the coast is clear and clean them in the bath tub!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    My bikes only see water when it rains. Baby wipes are a godsend when living in a first floor flat. I have, however, defrosted the fridge in the bath. I placed it in and turned the shower onto hot to clear the icebox that was more ice than box.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • In the garage.....spare room if using the turbo, but Mrs Break usually demands its removal back to the garage when she spots it :cry:
  • Problem I have is where to clean the bike. At the moment I have to wait till the coast is clear and clean them in the bath tub!

When I flat-shared, the two boys kept their bikes in the bath. I had no complaints, as I kept my motorcycle in the hall.
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    Mrs & Daughter's are in the shed, my three are in the garage, one of which is one the turbo.

I also have a TV in the garage in case they get bored along with a cross trainer and rowing machine...
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • A number of US cities are starting to require indoor or covered bike parking for new buildings. Does anyone have any experience living in a building or working in a building where there is such parking? Here's a link to a paper I did on the subject about bike parking in buildings in Berkeley. Thoughts welcome.
    http://www.safetrec.berkeley.edu/news/bicycle_oriented_design_final_paper.pdf