The Games.. Anyone going?

2»

Comments

• MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    I'm tempted to go down for the road race, but I can't help thinking that just being in or around London will be a very frustrating and expensive experience.
  • freeagent
    freeagent Posts: 98
    I'm going to try and get tickets for a few things, but as others have said, its mostly for my 5 year old daughter... definately want to see the BMX though!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Not buying tickets.

The MTB track is dull as dishwater and flat as a pancake, and XC bores me to death anyway. Plus it's in Essex :P.

Not interested in the athletics, and so on.

Road races are boring too, but it's free to watch and goes round my way. It's the one thing I can support as it will mean those roads get properly resurfaced instead of the usual pathetic refilling of potholes. May be good for some photography anyway. Chances are it'll be a work day though.
  • jonnyc2420
    jonnyc2420 Posts: 557
    ive registered an interest in the mens mtb, more to say 'i was there' than anything, £40 does not seem too bad for a one off......wife wanted to go to see the diving £440 !! :shock:
    Falcon Sierra - 80's
    Muddy Fox Courier - 80's
    GT Palomar 90's
    GT Zaskar LE - 90's
    Cannondale k v 900 90's
    Santa Cruz Bullit - now
    Orange Evo 8 STOLEN 26/09/10
    Orange P7 Pro
    Lots of kites.
  • jonnyc2420 wrote:
    ive registered an interest in the mens mtb, more to say 'i was there' than anything, £40 does not seem too bad for a one off......wife wanted to go to see the diving £440 !! :shock:

Limited seats I guess..
  • slimboyjim
    slimboyjim Posts: 367
    Northern Monkey - If you drag out the not talking long enough you'll still be able to go - she'll never know you've left after you sneak out...

Good effort though! :lol::lol:
  • mudsucker
    mudsucker Posts: 730
    I have registered for the mens race on sunday. Not far from where i live and, well, Its the Olymipics. Got to be done!! Fingers crossed :D Have also put my name down for some sailing in Weymouth.

Had a look at the opening ceremony too, top tickets are £2000 :shock:
    Bikes are OK, I guess... :-)

2008 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp.
    2013 Trek 1.2
    1982 Holdsworth Elan.
  • hounslow
    hounslow Posts: 153
    i'll be watching the road events, as i literally will have to travel a mile to view them. have entered the ticket lottery for a finish line spot though.