Commute route

thiscocks
thiscocks Posts: 549
edited March 2011 in Commuting chat
Just been plotting my commuting route on this bike route site and thought it would be interesting to see other peoples. The route planners quite good as it plots the gradients on your route too, and is easy to do. You just have to log in to save a route.

Mine: http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=216258

129m climb

Comments

• CRAIGO5000
    CRAIGO5000 Posts: 697
    Nice feature with the ascents and all. I'll use this from now on instead of Mapometer.

I want to get a copy of the Manchester to Blackpool route and check the ascent. This will be perfect.

Thanks! :D
    Ribble Stealth/SRAM Force
    2007 Specialized Allez (Double) FCN - 3
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    useful information for people wanting to know where nice bicycles live, or am I a little too cynical?
  • thiscocks
    You don't have to put the address in just point from the road you are in (or general area).

Yes it seems much faster and easier to use than other route mapping progs...
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    I use Toaster because it interfaces with the Garmin, however the height data can be a bit wild at times, it seems convinced there is a 17,000ft peak in SE London.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Butterd2 wrote:
    I use Toaster because it interfaces with the Garmin, however the height data can be a bit wild at times, it seems convinced there is a 17,000ft peak in SE London.

It's that hump just after Deptford, these non-Londoners don't know how easy they've got it
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    dhope wrote:
    Butterd2 wrote:

It's that hump just after Deptford, these non-Londoners don't know how easy they've got it

Ah, the one with the 80% gradient? Always wondered why I felt so light headed when I got to the top.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Butterd2 wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    Butterd2 wrote:

Ah, the one with the 80% gradient? Always wondered why I felt so light headed when I got to the top.

That's the kerb.

Apparently the biggest hill in London.

:P
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    thiscocks wrote:
    You don't have to put the address in just point from the road you are in (or general area).

According to the gmaps route in his sig dhope lives in my old flat in Greenwich.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • dhope
    Asprilla wrote:
    thiscocks wrote:

According to the gmaps route in his sig dhope lives in my old flat in Greenwich.

I'm a few houses away from where the route ends in the sig. Azof Street though? Small world...
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Allez Mark
    Allez Mark Posts: 364
    Been using Bike Hike but this seems faster. Can you get the gradients in %
  • asprilla
    dhope wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    thiscocks wrote:

I'm a few houses away from where the route ends in the sig. Azof Street though? Small world...

Yeah, Albion House, the former council block with a brothel at the other end of my floor. The crack deallers coming round there in the middle of the night was always amusing; quality place to live. My first job in London was working on Greenwich Market and I still occasionally frequent the Cutty Sark in the summer.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Asprilla wrote:
    occasionally frequent

Make your mind up! :lol:
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • dhope
    It looks like they have have replaced Albion House with the building I now live in. Don't think the brothel or crack den survived however.
    I know the Cutty Sark well. If you happen to head past this summer let me know and I can buy you a pint in exchange for swimming tips (sorry, cross posting there)
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • asprilla
    dhope wrote:
    It looks like they have have replaced Albion House with the building I now live in.

Just checked and it was Meridian House, not Albion house. Go knock on flat 9 and confuse Phil who still lives there.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=216349

All 1.8 miles of it. Once my leg's better, I'll be doing a longer route.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    Mine is in my sig.........

The peace and quiet of the A3 is contrasted beautifully by the noise and danger of SCR in Richmond Park.
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • thiscocks
    Agent57 wrote:
    http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=216349

All 1.8 miles of it. Once my leg's better, I'll be doing a longer route.

Squint your eyes and that could be a tdf stage profile!

Used to live around that area- miss the sea breeze, which makes any ride twice as hard!
  • noodles71
    noodles71 Posts: 153
    No, thats the toxic gases being used to murder the chicken in the KFC.....
    Butterd2 wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    Butterd2 wrote: