Race Face Close

godihatehills
godihatehills Posts: 237
edited March 2011 in MTB general
is this for real or a wind up ?
how the hell can a company with so much history, so many riders, so much support and such a strong brand go under- this has got to be some serious mismanagement!?

Comments

• CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    Try reading further down the page.
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    It's a wind up.

In Canada they celebrate 'l'espiègle idiot' which is like our April Fools day.
  • HA !!!!! wind up my ass
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    HA !!!!! wind up my ass
    I'd rather not.
  • doggegg
    doggegg Posts: 61
    Hoping this is wrong but assured by a Canadian friend it's for real :-(

http://www.nsmb.com/4228-race-face-shuts-its-doors
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I wonder if they'll sell the brand and someone else takes over manufacture. Would be sad to see it die completely.
  • If they don't i'm loking forward to them selling off all their stuff nice and cheap...

*reality check*

No its raceface isn't it... prices will probably increase.
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    :( I loved Raceface products before i had an accident in 98 only to return to mtb last year and see they were still a brand leader. It's sad to see them go
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • Fenred
    Fenred Posts: 428
    Muttly1981 wrote:
    :( I loved Raceface products before i had an accident in 98 only to return to mtb last year and see they were still a brand leader. It's sad to see them go

This^

Similarly I remember drewling over their kit in magazines when I started out.

Get to a stage when you can afford it all and they go pop....Very sad.

The Japanese giants move one step closer to world domination.
  • CharlieH
    CharlieH Posts: 410
    If they don't i'm loking forward to them selling off all their stuff nice and cheap...

*reality check*

No its raceface isn't it... prices will probably increase.

I was looking for a new bar/stem combo and ended up ordering the Atlas AM bar and stem from wiggle. The price looked stupidly low (it was OEM with no packaging) totalling £57 for both, brand new!!!! I instantly fell in love with the look, feel and quality of them and was looking forward to adding the same combo on my HT but sadly wiggle no longer stock either :( I'm now keeping an eye out for any more offers after hearing the news
  • BG2000
    BG2000 Posts: 517
    Fenred wrote:
    Get to a stage when you can afford it all and they go pop....Very sad.

The Japanese giants move one step closer to world domination.

I know what you mean - I finally treated myself to Atlas and Diabolous shiny red parts recently. So I've now got lifetime warranties from a company that may be gone ! (it doesn't matter, they won't break...)

Apart from Shimano, which threat are you saying is from Japan though ? And Shimano isn't a threat is it ? I mean they haven't done anything evil have they ? There was always room for RaceFace parts amongst all the complete groupsets. RaceFace managed OK like that for ages...
  • BG2000
    BG2000 Posts: 517
    Oh, and in the absence of RaceFace's website (which went offline on Wednesday night - a few hours after I'd been looking at it !! ) you can get most RaceFace component info and manuals from Silverfish's excellent website.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    CharlieH wrote:
    I was looking for a new bar/stem combo and ended up ordering the Atlas AM bar and stem from wiggle. The price looked stupidly low (it was OEM with no packaging) totalling £57 for both, brand new!!!! I instantly fell in love with the look, feel and quality of them and was looking forward to adding the same combo on my HT but sadly wiggle no longer stock either :( I'm now keeping an eye out for any more offers after hearing the news
    I probably got one of the last of the Atlas AM stems :P. Was a bargain price.