'Thinking caps' on.

Aggieboy
Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
edited March 2011 in The bottom bracket
My wife is running for charity. With the money she is raising she is buying a boat specifically for the use of local handicapped children. As a result she is being allowed to name the boat. Having asked my opinion, and seeing as it's a sailing boat which requires the wind, I suggested 'Blow Job' which for some reason she wasn't too keen on :shock:. Any thoughts?
"There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Fat-guy-boat.jpg
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Aggieboy wrote:
    My wife is running for charity. With the money she is raising she is buying a boat specifically for the use of local handicapped children. As a result she is being allowed to name the boat. Having asked my opinion, and seeing as it's a sailing boat which requires the wind, I suggested 'Blow Job' which for some reason she wasn't too keen on :shock:. Any thoughts?

A nice meal, some flowers, treat her, usually works with my wife!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    No help on the name but post some pics iof her in ther running kit in the topic you frequent so much.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Aggieboy wrote:

A nice meal, some flowers, treat her, usually works with my wife!

Nice meal? Yeah I cook them.
    Flowers? Yeah, in the garden.
    Treats? Have a bloody shave.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • It's traditional to name a boat after your mother, but it should be her name not 'The Hippopotamus' (as in Reginald Perrin's mental tic).
  • cornerblock
    What about a bit of Latin. Naviculla = small boat, Aquilo Divinus = divine wind, Ventus = wind or even Capha which is apparantly boat. If you go with Capha it would need some lovely Paul Smith sails!
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    Given whats going on in japan. How about Bukkake - roughly translated it means, come on my boat
  • StefanP
    StefanP Posts: 429
    Maybe Vainqueur - winner in french.. or Bonheur - happiness ;)
  • cornerblock
    Homer J wrote:
    Given whats going on in japan. How about Bukkake - roughly translated it means, come on my boat

That translation means something totally different where I come from! :shock:
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    On a holiday in Well-next-the-sea Mrs Tank and I were looking at the small sailing boats in the estury and observing their names. "Daisy May", "Mistral", "Helens pride" etc,etc.

It's good how people arrive at a name for their little boats, she said.If we had one Frank I'd call it Happy heart, for I have a happy heart and funnily enough It's one of my favourite fragrancies, What name would you choose?

Without any hesitation I replied "Downtrodden b@st@rd". :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    Homer J wrote:

Cockneys, eh?

Boat race = face.
  • 2Phat4Rapha
    2Phat4Rapha Posts: 238
    Since it's for kids, how about "Windy Poop", the poop deck being the deck that's formed by the roof of a cabin at the stern.

If you want to hide the inference slightly you could use it's French origin to form "Windy Poupe" (la poupe = stern)
    I may be a minority of one but that doesn't prevent me from being right.
    http://www.dalynchi.com
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    I rather think that's what Homer J meant with the boat-face bit.

Actually there is an informative diagram on wikipedia if anyone is interested.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    guinea wrote:
    Homer J wrote:

Cockneys, eh?

Boat race = face.

either way it involves seamen.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    jim453 wrote:

Well spotted Jim. I thought i might have been too subtle
  • cornerblock
    Homer J wrote:
    jim453 wrote:

Too subtle for me I'm afraid but in this case I am glad it went straight over my head.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Homer J wrote:
    jim453 wrote:

Too subtle for me I'm afraid but in this case I am glad it went straight over my head.

As opposed to your face, I assume!

This isn't going well. Reading on here about sailing boat parts, my suggestion of 'Does my boom look big in this' has also been rejected. :cry:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • cornerblock
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Homer J wrote:
    jim453 wrote:

As opposed to your face, I assume!

This isn't going well. Reading on here about sailing boat parts, my suggestion of 'Does my boom look big in this' has also been rejected. :cry:

I was trying the subtle approach too.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Whats the name of the charity? Might give us inspiration and get us away from 'Blow job' and 'Seamen' jokes.

Doubt it though!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    Name it after a bird.

How about 'Chuff'?
    The older I get the faster I was
  • TuckerUK
    TuckerUK Posts: 369
    Homer J wrote:

Excellent, TFF!
    "Coming through..."