Drivers On4 Mobile Phones. Sorted?

CiB
CiB Posts: 6,098
edited March 2011 in Commuting chat
Realised this evening that I keep passing cars parked up in odd places; at the side of the road, in gateways, halfway up a grass verge or whatever, and that the driver is engaged in a phone conversation.

It's not just the odd one - it's been 2 or 3 per day lately and certainly more than have been apparent in the past. Granted that in [that there] Lunnon it's probably not so easy to just pull over and take a call compared to where a lot of us live out here in TheRestOfTheWorld, but is there a chance that the message may be getting through, that the phone ringing isn't the most important thing in the world if you're driving a car?

Cue avalanche of evidence to the contrary...

Comments

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Today a 4x4 pulled out of a side road to my right and nearly ran me over whilst the driver was on his mobile.
    I had to 'have words' with the driver. Despite the racial abuse I received, I just about managed to not lose my temper but I did point out to the driver that I believe his mother may have been promiscuous for pay about 9 months before his birth.

I do enjoy swearing at people in their mother tongue. The look on his face when I gave it to him in Turkish!

I must be mellowing, I didn't leave any dents on it.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!