Travel to London

Andy
Andy Posts: 8,207
edited March 2011 in The hub
Anyone got any suggestions for me on the best way to get from Birmingham to Abbey Road studios in London?

I need to get there on Wednesday 23rd March for about 6pm but will be open to going well in advance to make sure I'm there in time.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Is Taylor swift in Abbey Road?
    Cool.
    Erm, no, can't help you though.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Much as I dislike public transport, I would catch a train to London and the tube to St Johns Wood station which is a few minutes walk away. At that time of the day it would take ages just to get through the traffic, and parking would be a nightmare.

My only regret is you didn't post in Crudcatcher.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Train from birmingham new street will get you there quickly*, then boris bike through london!

*But not cheaply!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • megabus then the tube
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Depending on how far you have to go on Boris Bike you can do it FOC as a casual user. Swipe your CC/Debit card and get your bike, ride for 20-25 mins and dock the bike you've got. Wait five mins then do the same again. They only charge after 30 mins but you do need to have a 5 minute window between uses.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Is Taylor swift in Abbey Road?
    Cool.
    Erm, no, can't help you though.

Yeah does slightly redeem it somewhat ;)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I wouldn't say I'm a fan of Taylor, but I don't dislike her either. If I was given an opportunity to see her perform live in Abbey road studios for free, then hell yeah, I'd have jumped at it!
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    redvee wrote:
    Depending on how far you have to go on Boris Bike you can do it FOC as a casual user. Swipe your CC/Debit card and get your bike, ride for 20-25 mins and dock the bike you've got. Wait five mins then do the same again. They only charge after 30 mins but you do need to have a 5 minute window between uses.
    almost, it's £1 for 24 hours access, any use after that is free as long as it's half an hour at a time.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."