I've got the horn .......

dilemna
dilemna Posts: 2,187
edited March 2011 in Commuting general
I'm desperate to blow it at some numptee moton. It's loud, it's very loud, it's an Airzound and I got it today. I will still have my tinkle compass bell for peds. I am now looking for an extra large bottle so it has more air so doesn't run down so quickly.

Does any one who has one believe it has saved them from being taken out? Conversely does any one use it gratuitously eg at old people crossing the road or at peds suddenly walking across the road with ipods on?
Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
Think how stupid the average person is.......
half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I believe you can use two bottles and connect them into the one zound for more capacity.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cyclingpast
    cyclingpast Posts: 111
    I've got one, haven't attached it to the bike yet. Have a look at this thread:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... sc&start=0

A lot of people don't like them because they're used inappropriately or unnecessarily.
    Giant Defy 3
    FCN 5

All wrenching and no riding makes me frickin' angry...
  • dilemna

A lot of people don't like them because they're used inappropriately or unnecessarily.

And so are cars, motons supposedly driving them that are so bad at driving they knock you down. That is why I got one. If an RPG was legal I would get one of those too.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
  • cyclingpast
    cyclingpast Posts: 111
    dilemna wrote:

And so are cars, motons supposedly driving them that are so bad at driving they knock you down. That is why I got one. If an RPG was legal I would get one of those too.

Agreed. I've lost count of the number of times i've thought of mounting machine guns to my handlebars! Airzound can be an invaluable defensive option if something or someone risks your safety on the road
    Giant Defy 3
    FCN 5

All wrenching and no riding makes me frickin' angry...
  • jeremyrundle
    jeremyrundle Posts: 1,014
    Just wait, the anti airzound lobby here will soon be on your case, they know me, two of my bikes have them and one bike has two, they have saved me from dog owners with dogs off leads, ipodpedmorons who step off kerbs and women drivers at roundabouts on the school run
    Peds with ipods, natures little speed humps

Banish unwanted fur - immac a squirrel
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... heads.html
  • dilemna
    Just wait, the anti airzound lobby here will soon be on your case, they know me, two of my bikes have them and one bike has two, they have saved me from dog owners with dogs off leads, ipodpedmorons who step off kerbs and women drivers at roundabouts on the school run

???? :shock: :lol:
  • thelawnet
    thelawnet Posts: 719
    Just wait, the anti airzound lobby here will soon be on your case, they know me, two of my bikes have them and one bike has two, they have saved me from dog owners with dogs off leads

If the dog is off its lead you need to slow down to about 5mph. A loud horn won't make the dog less dopey.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,158
    Been thinking of getting a horn for the commute to deal with those people that some 'kind' motorist calls out at a junction in front of you or general SMIDSYs, you might not see me but you will hear me! Now I've got a bike set up for commuting I can get one :D
  • Had one for years when I used to commute into Leicester Sq. Main use was to remind pedestrians and the even more stupid tourists that "red man" on Oxford Street and the environs doesnt mean "cross now because its only a bike". Sadly it had relatively little effect on HGVs, mainly I suspect because they hear it but cant see anything of relevance in their mirrors (assuming they look in the first place)

Main gripe is the fact the bottle doesnt last too long, maybe a dozen or so blasts.. certainly not enough on a bad day. I'd love an electric compressor!
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry: