I like Lions and I like Tigers

MichaelW
MichaelW Posts: 2,164
edited March 2011 in The bottom bracket

Comments

• I thought this thread was a reference to the ODI between the Bangladeshi Tigers and the English Lions! (And the Tigers have the upper paw in this one...)
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Poor Lion :(
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    freehub wrote:
    Poor Lion :(

Probably lost because they're such lazy b*ggers it just sat there and let the tiger do what it wanted
  • I would think the lion was unlucky and just got caught by a claw in the wrong place. Tigers will have 'handbags' on (controlled) introduction but it's usually not that serious. The best way for big cats to get out of an accidental meeting alive is if one adopts a subservient role on its back, but it's hard to tell them that, of course!
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Lions and tigers and bears oh my!

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Ligers
  • Bozman wrote:
    Ligers

You'll never get served at the pub unless you work on your accent.
  • brin
    brin Posts: 1,122
    Destroys the myth that Lions are king of the jungle, Tigers are more superior in many ways, but FFS! why do we still insist on keeping big cats in a zoo in this day and age?
  • brin wrote:
    Destroys the myth that Lions are king of the jungle, Tigers are more superior in many ways, but FFS! why do we still insist on keeping big cats in a zoo in this day and age?

Lions, of course, don't even live in the jungle. Big cats can live very happy lives in captivity if it's done right, and the pure-bred lines need to be kept going to help keep the various species alive. The cats in the Turkish zoo would have been zoo hybrids with no conservation value as such, however.
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    Its not fair to keep Lions and Tigers next to each other in the zoo; its bound to lead to trouble. You need to separate them, eg either side of the deer compound.
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    i remember going to the zoo as a kid (dudley zoo not that its relevant). the tigers were in a concrete pit which you looked down into. there was a very heavy frost and the ground was white over- except for a line of non frosted approx 6 inch circles going across the "enclosure". as i watched i saw the tiger walk up and down again and again with its feet being placed in exactly the same spots everytime. jesus that huge magnificent creature was bored out of its box. even as a kid i recognised the disaster of those circumstances. never went near a zoo again. awful.
    Death or Glory- Just another Story