Cav rumours

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

Farrar isn't the same class as Mark. I've not seen Mark and Greipel go head to head, so I'll reserve judgement on that.

I'd put Farrar as second or third best sprinter around at the moment.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • thamacdaddy
    thamacdaddy Posts: 590
    I know for a fact he is a target for sky for 2012. I think the only sticking point will be cav himself and they are showing everyone they have a decent train already by their performances in races. They can do the work well enough for cav and I can't see him going to bmc.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    I know for a fact he is a target for sky for 2012. I think the only sticking point will be cav himself and they are showing everyone they have a decent train already by their performances in races. They can do the work well enough for cav and I can't see him going to bmc.

OK. But that's 3 years into the 5 year plan and how will building a train for Cav get a Brit winner of the TdF?
  • cornoyemade
    cornoyemade Posts: 180
    I would not be surprised if Highroad cuts him loose next year. He is bad PR for the sponsors!

cavendish is likley the reason Columbia pulled out of HTC. I am proud to say that i was involved in a letter writing campaing to Columbia expressing my concern about his lack of professionalism (we all know his bad acts... taking out other sprinters, dangerous riding, foul mouth, finish line antics, childish tantrums, etc etc etc). So happy to see HTC jerseys looking so drab, cavendish repeatedly falling off renshaw's wheel, and cavendish's refusal to contest the sprints when he is not perfecty delivered. Here is to more of the same in 2011! cheers!

p.s im starting a new letter campaign to HTC. With luck Highroad wont have any major sponsers next year!
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    I would not be surprised if Highroad cuts him loose next year. He is bad PR for the sponsors!

cavendish is likley the reason Columbia pulled out of HTC. I am proud to say that i was involved in a letter writing campaing to Columbia expressing my concern about his lack of professionalism (we all know his bad acts... taking out other sprinters, dangerous riding, foul mouth, finish line antics, childish tantrums, etc etc etc). So happy to see HTC jerseys looking so drab, cavendish repeatedly falling off renshaw's wheel, and cavendish's refusal to contest the sprints when he is not perfecty delivered. Here is to more of the same in 2011! cheers!

p.s im starting a new letter campaign to HTC. With luck Highroad wont have any major sponsers next year!

WTF? Are you serious?
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,920

Who invited this guy???
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735

Either this person is a troll or otherwise he's not a cycling fan. Cav lives and breathes cycling and I find his enthusiasm infectious. How nice to have a top British rider who is also an entertaining character.
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    Cornoyemade are you Greipel in disguise? :twisted:
  • 515mm
    515mm Posts: 72
    @ cornoyemade

Starting another (another?) mail campaign to get a man fired from his job or disrupt his livelihood when he has done no wrong because you don't like him?

You are a cowardly excuse for a human being.

With your first post too.........

Hmmmmmmm........

TROLL ALERT!

The cowardly excuse comment still stands BTW.
    Si homini ignem das, unem diem ardebit; si hominem incendis, reliquem vitam ardebit.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Cav is a sponsor's gift- enthusiastic, vivacious, sexy, good-looking, always has a word or ten for a reporter....oh, and he wins a lot.

What's not to like? HTC adore him.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,634
    edited March 2011

Nice wind up first post :wink:

The sponsers love the attention Cav gets.

Slighly off topic but i can't get my head around it. I know Cavendish wouldn't want to be at his absolute peak untill summer and i can understand him not being sharp but what advantage can be gained by being so off the pace at the moment? There where reasons last year. This season, maybe a bit unprofessional?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Would he leave HTC tho' where he has all the back-up especially Zabel? HE won't get a look-in at Sky.
    (I must be mellowing -I've even picked the odd Sky rider in my PTP - tho's that's probably because they've recently moved there).
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • bazbadger
    bazbadger Posts: 553
    seanoconn wrote:

Nice wind up first post :wink:

The sponsers love the attention Cav gets.

Slighly off topic but i can't get my head around it. I know Cavendish wouldn't want to be at his absolute peak untill summer and i can understand him not being sharp but what adavantage can be gained by being so off the pace at the moment? There where reasons last year. This season, maybe a bit unprofessional?

Milan-San Remo hoodwinker?!
    Mens agitat molem
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    cavendish is likley the reason Columbia pulled out of HTC.
    Ok, you are being a troll.

But for the record, this is not the case. I'm not going into chapter and verse but Columbia were very pleased with their deal from what I hear.
  • ozzzyosborn206
    ozzzyosborn206 Posts: 1,340
    i think if cav moves it will be to sky, but i think if that does happen it will be after another poor wiggins performance at the tour if he goes well i think they'll want to back him more than have a star sprinter and gc rider in their team.

Anyone else think he is riding all the gt's so push up the points so gb have a big squad at the worlds
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,462
    Anyone else think he is riding all the gt's so push up the points so gb have a big squad at the worlds

I think he's riding them all because they are not sh!tty liittle races. :wink:

For both the Giro and the Tour it suits him to ride them and it suits his sponsor so any points he gains for GB in the rankings are a secondary concern. He'll be riding the Vuelta mainly to prepare for the Worlds (I think the last ten world champions have all ridden the Vuelta as prep?).

This year is probably the best chance he'll ever get of winning the Worlds so the stronger the team he has the better. His countrymen have come up trumps so far too, as Swift and Wiggins' podium positions at the TDU and Paris-Nice respectively have earnt GB enough points to be third in the latest nation rankings.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    According to Belgian commentator Danny Nelissen (on twitter):

"Transergeruchten Cavendish heeft een voorcontract getekend met Team Sky... Ze zijn er vroeg bij!!!".

Translation: Transfer Rumours Cavendish has signed a pre-contract with Sky Team ... They started early with this!

(He was the first to say Contador was going to Saxo, so maybe he's right)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Wasn't there talk he'd done this before and bailed out?

What is a pre-contract anyway....
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Cavendish to win something in Belgium before the month is out. ?? (or maybe the 6th April)
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • RichN95.
    iainf72 wrote:
    Wasn't there talk he'd done this before and bailed out?

Maybe and no idea*. But it's worth noting on this thread.

*Although in football, players in their last six months of their contract are allowed to sign a pre-contract to join another club (once the six months are up). How legally binding it is, is anyone's guess.
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    cornoyemade - Cant wait for your 2nd post. :shock:
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    RichN95 wrote:
    Completely off-topic annoying and nitpicky: Danny (Duitama amateur w'champ) is Dutch, Wilfried Nelissen was the Belgian sprinter.
  • RichN95.
    FJS wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Completely off-topic annoying and nitpicky: Danny (Duitama amateur w'champ) is Dutch, Wilfried Nelissen was the Belgian sprinter.

I did wonder and then just guessed.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    iainf72 wrote:
    A bit like a pre-nuptial?

It'd be interesting if this happens as some guys at Sky are going to wonder if they'll have their chance of whether they're going to spend 2012 as Cav's lead out train. The likes of Sutton, Henderson should grab the wins whilst they can.

Plus remember why Wiggins, Boasson Hagen and Rogers all left Bob Stapleton's team, one big factor was not having to work for Cav and Greipel all the time.
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    cornoyemade, Decoy Moaner, or some other anagram I can't work out just yet?
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Kléber wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Plus remember why Wiggins, Boasson Hagen and Rogers all left Bob Stapleton's team, one big factor was not having to work for Cav and Greipel all the time.

Eh? Wiggins has never ridden for HTC AFAIK. He moved from Garmin Transitions straight to SKY.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Eh? Wiggins has never ridden for HTC AFAIK. He moved from Garmin Transitions straight to SKY.

Team Highroad in '08 for a year before JV picked him up.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Team Highroad in '08 for a year before JV picked him up.

Aah...I was not aware of that. Thanks for the clarification :wink:
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    He's one of the riders for whom it's easier to list the teams he hasn't ridden for than those that he has! 7 teams in 10 years or thereabouts.
  • cornoyemade
    cornoyemade Posts: 180
    rajMAN wrote:
    cornoyemade - Cant wait for your 2nd post. :shock:

my third post (after san remo) will be one to look out for!