Para-Cycling Track World Championships

Eddy S
Eddy S Posts: 1,013
edited March 2011 in Track
This weekend (11 - 13 Mar) the Para-Cycling Track World Championships are taking place in Montichiari in Italy.

For anybody that hasn’t been paying attention, our fellow BR forum member Pokerface is representing Ireland and competing at three events in the C2 category over the weekend.

Good luck Colin! 8)
I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.

Comments

• LazyLadyJ
    LazyLadyJ Posts: 13
    DO you know if its on the tele?
  • Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    LazyLadyJ wrote:
    DO you know if its on the tele?
    I've not seen anything listed for live broadcast. I seem to recall that the BBC has shown a highlights programme in the past so we'll just need to keep a watch for that in the near future.
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Colin (Pokerface) came 6th in the 3K C2, missing out on a medal ride by half a second. He says he eff'd up the beginning then was going to give it big effort with 4 laps to go, but didn't realise until it was 1 to go and finished with fresh legs. The winner broke the WR.

He's in the Kilo today.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    good luck Pokereface - unleash hell etc
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Yeah Good Luck Colin 8) :D
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Good luck Colin :D
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Thanks folks....

Back home now.

3km pursuit - new PB by 9 seconds and 6th place overall (just 1/2 second off the bronze medal ride-off)

1KM TT (Kilo): new PB by 3 seconds. 6th place overall. 2 seconds off a medal (need more work!)

Team Sprint: 10th place overall.

Scored some good points towards London 2012 qualification and now I know with a few tweaks should be in the medals next year!

Next up: Road and TT World Cup racing in Sydney, Australia in early May.
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Well done Colin! :D Great reading about all the racing that you are doing :D
  • Pokerface
    My report on my how it went.... here:

http://637daystogo.blogspot.com/2011/03 ... again.html
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,327
    Nice one, good luck on the road in oz :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,548
    Great riding, well done!
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    interesting that the amount youve improved by is bigger than the time you need to improve to hit the medals. better start thinking about a trophy cabinet. 8)
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • Pokerface
    mattshrops wrote:
    interesting that the amount youve improved by is bigger than the time you need to improve to hit the medals. better start thinking about a trophy cabinet. 8)

Ah... if only it were that simple!

Times have improved so much due to going from a relatively untrained state a year ago to now - where I have had the benefit of coaching for many months (and lots of racing).

But another year of training and racing (this year full-time) plus a few other technological advancements (new bikes and a new racing leg) should put me over the top!

But there is no substitute for hard work! Looking forward to the next year and a half. :)

~Thanks to everyone for the kind comments.