the Honey Badger

Comments

• If a Honey Badger and Chuck Norris ever meet, I dread to think what will happen.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Why is it called the Honey Badger - why not 'The Badger of Death' or 'Hellbadger'?
  • shm_uk
    shm_uk Posts: 683
    Why is it called the Honey Badger - why not 'The Badger of Death' or 'Hellbadger'?

Is this James May moonlighting on BikERadar?
  • plankton
    plankton Posts: 78
    Good clip and very educational :)
  • Useless Honey Badger fact: Cheetah cubs have the same white downy fur on their top to disguise them as the aforementioned predator. Other animals see it and think 'damn, scary Honey Badger, leave it well alone'.

The other name for the HB is 'Ratel', which sounds far harder. Compare and contrast with that of the worryingly-named but mostly harmless Honey Bear: 'Kinkajou'.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Why are the badgers in this country so rubbish? All they do is eat worms... they should get organised and hunt in packs. Between 'em, the badgers in a large sett could bring down a cow. They need a makeover.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • The-beast
    The-beast Posts: 140
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c81bcjyfn6U

a slightly better version with out the camp commentry :lol:
  • Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    We've got one of them at home but we call it by it's other name. The Jack Russell.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    OK, I'm pedantic, but how exactly does the Guinness Book of Records quantify "the most fearless animal on Earth"? Did they put a honey badger, a tiger and a grizzly bear together in a room and make them listen to Jedward - last one to flip out is the toughest nut or something? Roy Castle and Norris McWhirter would surely not approve.
  • robz400
    robz400 Posts: 160
    I'm pedantic, but how exactly does the Guinness Book of Records quantify "the most fearless animal on Earth"?

Probably because no one at the guiness book of records wanted to be the one to tell the honey badger it had come second :shock:
  • TuckerUK
    TuckerUK Posts: 369
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Why are the badgers in this country so rubbish? All they do is eat worms... they should get organised and hunt in packs. Between 'em, the badgers in a large sett could bring down a cow. They need a makeover.

Actually, badgers eat hedgehogs, and I think I'm right in saying that until urban foxes got the taste for hedgehog were their only natural predator...now that's pretty damn tough.
    "Coming through..."
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    afx237vi wrote:
    OK, I'm pedantic, but how exactly does the Guinness Book of Records quantify "the most fearless animal on Earth"? Did they put a honey badger, a tiger and a grizzly bear together in a room and make them listen to Jedward - last one to flip out is the toughest nut or something? Roy Castle and Norris McWhirter would surely not approve.

They found the remains of a T-Rex with an AK47 inside some Honey Badger shitt
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    If a Honey Badger and Chuck Norris ever meet, I dread to think what will happen.

Imagine if they joined forces :shock:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    TuckerUK wrote:
    ratsbeyfus wrote:

Actually, badgers eat hedgehogs, and I think I'm right in saying that until urban foxes got the taste for hedgehog were their only natural predator...now that's pretty damn tough.

Are you sure? I thought hedgehogs number one predator was Jens Voigt?

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Evil Laugh wrote:
    We've got one of them at home but we call it by it's other name. The Jack Russell.

I raise your JR, I have two.

But seriously, I want a honey badger, soooo cute.

Fit right in here with me I reckon.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Cressers
    Cressers Posts: 1,329
    The Honey Badger is more accurately named a Ratel.
  • DIESELDOG
    Cressers wrote:
    The Honey Badger is more accurately named a Ratel.

Don't care tbh, I still want one..

Love n hugs

DD

• Howlett's in Kent have the only zoo Ratels in Britain, AFAIK, if you fancy seeing them in the flesh. Though I think they may be down to a single male called Tyson (the boxer was named after him, not vice versa).
  • DIESELDOG
    Howlett's in Kent have the only zoo Ratels in Britain, AFAIK, if you fancy seeing them in the flesh. Though I think they may be down to a single male called Tyson (the boxer was named after him, not vice versa).

Still want one though, cute as hell and my kind of pet.

Love n hugs

DD

• mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    i can just see you at your local shops scaring the hoodies with their staffies :lol:

dat honey badger he gon kick yo ass 8)
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • snailracer
    snailracer Posts: 968
    mattshrops wrote:
    i can just see you at your local shops scaring the hoodies with their staffies :lol:

dat honey badger he gon kick yo ass 8)
    Honey badger on a string wouldn't look out of place in Nigeria:

hyena2.jpg