Which saddle? (not a charge spoon)

2»

Comments

• passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Yep - we are all different. I hate the Spoon & Bell Air myself. Not a fan of various Fiziks either. For MTBing I rate the WTB range - especailly the Silverado or Devo. Selle SMPs are interesting - I use a cheaper one on my commuter & like it. Using an On One saddle on my MTB at the moment and like that.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Saddles are a minefield, unfortunately, and that's just the way things are. Unless you're getting a Body Geometry saddle measured up, then it's hit and hope, sadly.
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    Tried loads of different options, never really had anything that I really like. Expensive saddles are often less comfy than cheapos. Then I have saddles that are great for <2 hours e.g. spesh toupe, but I wouldn't dream of using it for a full days ride.

Last saddle I bought for my road bike was a selle italia "Man" Its starting to improve, but I was expecting magic, given the price.

Spesh Avatar are pretty good and come in different widths.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Probably not the answer you're looking for but if you pedal a bit harder you'll find you can get away with almost any saddle.

Knock it up a gear everywhere and see if your saddle is still uncomfortable.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    The Fury is now sporting a Fizik Gobi saddle
    i think this means the Op has already got a new saddle :wink:
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011