On your bike london bridge

moonio
moonio Posts: 802
edited March 2011 in Commuting chat
Hi, does anyone here use on your bike, london bridge for repairs etc.
What are your experiences?

Comments

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    I store my bike there courtesy of my employer and I've used them to fix trips by the PF. Been ok to me, but I've heard discussions beween them and customers when things have not gone too well. I'd still go to them rather than Evans though.
  • HamishD
    HamishD Posts: 538
    They're alright - got them to fit some mudguards/rack etc last year. Quick and pretty efficient IIRC
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Yeah, they're OK. They were great about the faulty frame I bought from them and had it replaced by the manufacturer for a better one without question.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Yep, they're ok. Re-trued a wheel for me after an off last year.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • bobinski
    bobinski Posts: 570
    My only experience of them was not so good.I put a mountain bike in for an overhaul, received a quote and said thats fine. When i came to collect the bike the quote had almost tripled.They replaced rear block etc for most expensive parts available without ringing to confirm first. All sorted eventually but depending on what you want done i would make sure they ring to confirm cost etc before carrying the work out.
    That said they did a good job.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I put my bike in there for insurance assessment after my crash, they basically wrote the bike off which is what I wanted. They were pretty helpful I suppose...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Obie
    Obie Posts: 51
    Always had a good experience with them. When I put the mountain bike in for a full service it came back spotless and more importantly worked like a dream.
    FCN 8.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    bobinski wrote:
    My only experience of them was not so good.I put a mountain bike in for an overhaul, received a quote and said thats fine. When i came to collect the bike the quote had almost tripled.They replaced rear block etc for most expensive parts available without ringing to confirm first. All sorted eventually but depending on what you want done i would make sure they ring to confirm cost etc before carrying the work out.
    That said they did a good job.

On that point: Having supported a City Council's IT infrastructure and spoken to Trading Standards people (including the Chief Trading Standards Officer) I can tell you that you do not need to pay for extra work. This very same thing happened to CTSO and his response was "thanks for doing all that work at your expense"

The only thing the bike shop can do is put the bike back EXACTLY as it was before you left it with them and not charge you for the work (exactly means with all the bits fitted as they were, in the same way and with the same faults)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter