Etape accomodation

domcarr
domcarr Posts: 85
Can anyone give me any advice on how to find accomodatioon at the Etape?!?! (Modane to Alpe D-Huez leg). I'm really struggling! Thanks

Comments

• Google or booking.com are your friends

There are plenty of tour companies who have block booked digs and charge a big premium

Im fortunate in that our lads weekend was successfully moved to coincide with the Etape this year and there was obviously a gap in the market for B&B's which can accommodate 6 blokes

Camping seems a good choice but Im afraid I have no knowledge
    Others seem to have found sites

Best of luck!
  • Von2
    Von2 Posts: 22
    We have booked in Chambery (about 30 mins away (without traffic) at the Formule 1 for €35 per night

hotelF1 Chambéry sud Chignin

As transport is a problem back to the start to pick up a car , perhaps you may be interested in sharing .. one car left at Mordane for the start andother at Bourg for getting back?
    The Journey to the Etape
    www.2011etape.co.uk
  • domcarr
    Thanks but I'm going to use the shuttle service to drop my car in Alpe D'Huez the day before.

Good luck!
  • Von2
    If you can't get accom close by then the offer is still open ... as you still have to get down to Mordane

Good luck

S
    The Journey to the Etape
    www.2011etape.co.uk
  • domcarr
    you drop your car in Alpe D'Huez the day before the ride and the shuttle takes you back to the start in Modane
  • Von2
    ... that's fine if you are staying close to Modane on the Sunday evening, but we have the drive from Chambery (prob 40 mins)
    The Journey to the Etape
    www.2011etape.co.uk
  • Fogliettaz
    Fogliettaz Posts: 180
    Is anyone going to driving back to Modane after the Etape, as I have accommodation sorted (back of a Renault Espace!) but would need a lift back?
  • Hi if it helps, we still have availability near Alpe d'Huez from the 10th July. This way you can take a car over to Modane on the morning of the Etapt and I can help with a transfer to pick it up at a later date. That is if you don't fancy cycling the Galibier from the Lautaret side.
  • Sudor
    Sudor Posts: 33
    Hi

Have you considered Italy - Modane is v near the border - access Modane via motorway via Tunnel - de Frejus. Good luck S