shimano / sram compatability

kr1s
kr1s Posts: 125
edited March 2011 in The workshop
Hi

Anyone had trouble with the indexing after fitting a shimano casette with an sram deraiiler or vice versa

I just fitted an sram casette on my spesh tricross and it has an LX long cage derailler, chain is new, all usual indexing set ups done and its fine over one half of the casette but terrible skipping and jumping on the other, cable tension cures one problem but then it creates a new problem else wher

I tried my xt casette on it and it cured the problem ...... :?
Trek Madone 5.2 08
Specialized Tricross
Scott Scale
Twitter @ChrisBedford1

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Certainly shouldn't be an issue at all......I've got lost of mixes and matches like that without problem, after all the mech moves the chain by the pitch of the gears, then the chain and cassette mesh to shift it, the gear pitch is the same between SRAM and Shimano.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    as long as it was the same speed and all parts fitted then there should not ba any issues as they are fully mixable.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown