installing a Topeak Super Tourist DX F/Disk rack to MTB

gadgets
gadgets Posts: 100
edited March 2011 in The workshop
i have an Orange G3 hard tail MTB that I woul dlike to install a Topeak Super Tourist DX F/Disk pannier rack on, the problem is that it does not have any eyelets. P clips for the seat stay but are adapters available that would allow me to install the rack on to the MTB?

I googled and was able to find someone successfuly installed a rack on a P7 but I did not find any details on how it was done.
Synapse Disc 3 Ultegra '14/CAADX 5 105 '11

Comments

• gadgets
    found these on the other thread:

M:Part Seat Clamp 31.8 £6.99

Tubus Adapter Set for Quick Release-axle-mounting £24.99

might be worth trying even if I have a Topeak rack.
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    If you don't have eyelets then the Topeak is probably the wrong rack. To distance itself from the disc caliper it uses 1" spacer. This puts a lot of extra torque onto the P-clips.
    There is a rack with shorter legs that you can P-clip to the seatstays above the disc mount

Axiom Odysee
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=14332

I use one, its not perfect, there is a lot of welded guff on the top-plate that you need to file away to fit some pannier mounts, its not the strongest or stiffest rack but for everyday commuting use, its fine.
  • gadgets
    yup, I just got the rack and you are right about the spacers, so even the Tubus Adapter Set will most likely not work. Unfortunately the rack you mentioned has been discountinued, so I will try to see if I can find this in fleabay :)

one other alternative is to try the Tubus racks using the QR adapter will work with the disk.