I hope it's true

OffTheBackAdam
OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
edited March 2011 in The bottom bracket
PERTH - An SAS trooper collecting toys for children was stabbed when he helped stop a suspected shoplifter in east Perth.

The 'Toys-R-Us' Store Manager told 'The West Australian' that man was seen on surveillance cameras last Friday putting a laptop under his jacket at the store.

When confronted, the man became irate, knocked down an employee, pulled a knife and ran toward the door. Outside were four SAS Troopers collecting toys for the "Toys For Tots" program.

The store Manager said the Troopers stopped the man, but he stabbed one of them, in the back with 10" carving knife. Fortunately, the cut did not appear to be severe and required only a band aid.

The suspect was transported by ambulance to the Royal Perth Hospital with two broken arms, a broken leg, possible broken ribs, multiple contusions and assorted lacerations including a broken nose and jaw...

Injuries he apparently sustained when he tripped whilst trying to run after the stabbing.

THE CLUMSY BASTARD !!! :lol:
Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.

Comments

• nakita222
    nakita222 Posts: 341
    hahahahah what a clumsy fool. He did all of that when he fell over
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    and here we are at the birth of an urban myth.....
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • neilo23
    neilo23 Posts: 783
    What is it about Australia? Here's a similar story about the one who (unfortunately) got away.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10130346

Three muggers in Australia got the fright of their lives when their attack was interrupted by five black-clad ninja warriors.

The thieves were assaulting a German medical exchange student in Sydney, but the alleyway where they struck was next to a school for ninja warriors.

One of the pupils raised the alarm after noticing the attack.

Police say they have arrested two men and charged them with robbery, and are still looking for a third suspect.

"We just ran outside and started running at them, yelling and everything," said ninja master Kaylan Soto who instructed his students to take action.

"These guys have turned around and seen five ninjas in black ninja uniforms running towards them. They just bolted."

The victim suffered minor injuries, and the men stole his mobile phone and iPod, according to police.

Mr Soto said the man could have escaped the assault with some training in ninjitsu - a Japanese martial art. As for the attackers, "They just picked the wrong spot," he added.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    neilo23 wrote:
    "We just ran outside and started running at them, yelling and everything," said ninja master Kaylan Soto who instructed his students to take action.

Ninja fail surely? :twisted:

Do you see all the Ninjas surrounding you right now? No? Exactly. :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Any Fu master will tell you that true power is only gained by vocalising every action, you know all that 'thrust of the shark' and 'strike of the cobra' and 'minion killing manuevere'.

I mean, the dudes'll sneak up on you all softly, softly, then once their all up in your face it's all 'yap,yap, yap', slap, slap, slap.

Gotta vocalise if you want to do the job properly. :lol:
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • This one from a year ago amused me....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... hters.html

Closer to home, my son was training with the Glasgow U18 rugby squad when a bunch of neds turned up and started lobbing eggs at them. The coach just said "get 'em" (or words to that effect) whereupon about 30 large, well-built and aggressive young men went haring after said neds.

I have come to the conclusion that Buckfast should be my energy drink of choice when riding - never seen anyone move so fast in my life :twisted:
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • Clank wrote:

+1

That's what the "kiai" is for in Karate - scare the living cr@p out of your opponent whilst focusing all your chi into the attack..... :wink:

Shouting at folks while you attack is a pretty good way to get them on the back foot.
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    I guess I missed the humour button then :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • And there I was thinking this thread was going to be about Phil Collins retiring from music! :lol:

Can we fix it?
    Yes we can!
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    And there I was thinking this thread was going to be about Phil Collins retiring from music! :lol:

Or that Speedking had been allowed back...

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • DIESELDOG wrote:
    And there I was thinking this thread was going to be about Phil Collins retiring from music! :lol:

Love n hugs

DD

Ahhh - the ultimate get out after any cutting comment lol Made me laugh though :D
    Has the head wind picked up or the tail wind dropped off???
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Love n hugs

DD

Ahhh - the ultimate get out after any cutting comment lol Made me laugh though :D

Couldn't possibly comment...

Oh, hang on...

Love n hugs

DD

• DIESELDOG
    neilo23 wrote:
    What is it about Australia? Here's a similar story about the one who (unfortunately) got away.

It's full of Australians? :wink:

Lov n hugs

DD

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Clank wrote:

+1

That's what the "kiai" is for in Karate - scare the living cr@p out of your opponent whilst focusing all your chi into the attack..... :wink:

Shouting at folks while you attack is a pretty good way to get them on the back foot.

I think you've got that wrong. Kara means Empty. Karate, literally translated, means Empty Hand. Karaoke means Empty Orchestra.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!