best insult?

mudcow007
mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
edited March 2011 in Commuting chat
from car drivers, van man, lorry drivers etc.....

mine have jsut been the classics

"you should be on the pavement if you dont pay road tax"

"you should have a license"

"get a car"

nothing really interesting, quite funny when the road tax thing comes up though as i pay over £500 per year for 3 cars!!
Keeping it classy since '83

Comments

• clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    they aren't really insults - just assertions or commands.

"you fvcking two-wheeled prick" IS an insult.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    man thats a bit harsh,

people dont really seem to be that nasty around here. i think its because bikes are a bit of a novelty around liverpool as you never see any
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • clarkey cat
    I know - to be honest though, he deserved it.
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    mudcow007 wrote:
    nothing really interesting, quite funny when the road tax thing comes up though as i pay over £500 per year for 3 cars!!

I pay £425 a year for 1 car :(
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • Robstar24
    Robstar24 Posts: 173
    been called a fucking arsehole (for no real reason that I could discern) by a WVM in Durham when I was studying up there. otherwise no good names.

go to youtube and type in i hate cyclists or anti-cyclist and you get some funny nonensical rants, including one from some mad redneck who refers to lycra as a 'fruit-suit' and bangs on and on about how cyclists are all apparently gay.

response to which is a) not true b) if so, why is that a problem c) insults and criticism mean sod all when you reduce them to playground bully level.

you're gay! no, you!
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    "YOU CAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTT" is what I've gotten a few times from Taxi drivers.

Who are they to tell me what I can and can't do?
  • clarkey cat
    bangs on and on about how cyclists are all apparently gay.

but come on, we all are really, arent we.

the sight of a narrow leather saddle cleaved between two muscular buttocks flexing and rotating first thing in the morning... ooh, goodness me, I've gone all giddy.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Reckon my biggest insult was being told I wasn't welcome in Evans after the last disagreement. Bunch of chuffing box-shifters.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    bangs on and on about how cyclists are all apparently gay.

but come on, we all are really, arent we.

the sight of a narrow leather saddle cleaved between two muscular buttocks flexing and rotating first thing in the morning... ooh, goodness me, I've gone all giddy.

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12544013

and all is well again....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    I'm not gay........... reasonably cheerful but not gay! Today.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    A girl in school uniform at a bus stop stuck her bum out at me and made some sort of grunting gesturing sound. I think it was an insult but not really sure.
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    You shouldn't be in the road, you don't have an engine'

I gave her two points for a correct answer :wink:
  • Fixxxer87
    Fixxxer87 Posts: 45
    Been called, and I quote, "You four eyed tw*t" by a taxi driver.

Nothing special about that, you might say. But he was also wearing glasses. I laughed all the way home.
    || Commuter: Specialized Langster 2010 [FCN 4] ||| Offroad: Specialized Hardrock Comp 2009 ||
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    "Who do you think you are in your stupid shorts, Eddy Merckx?"

Meant as an insult but I took it as a compliment!
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    CiB wrote:
    Reckon my biggest insult was being told I wasn't welcome in Evans after the last disagreement. Bunch of chuffing box-shifters.

Surprised I'm not banned either, the amount of stuff I've returned over the last year.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    I had one driver try to insult me when I was on the way to cadets from work one evening. I was in uniform at the time which include 'Royal Marines SC' flashes on the shoulders. He went to shout out of the window at me as I drew up next to him at the lightts and he must have clocked on of the shoulder flashes.

All I go was 'Oi you!. f.......errrr hello' before he wound the window up pretty quickly. :lol:

me, I actually wouldn't stand a chance in a fight :lol::lol:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • "Don't Worry about this XXXX he's lower than the bottom of the piss trough"

Best ever, unfortunately it was used as a sledge on a cricket field. Game was held up for 10 minutes as no one could stop laughing
    Racing is life - everything else is just waiting
  • NGale
    "Don't Worry about this XXXX he's lower than the bottom of the wee-wee trough"

Best ever, unfortunately it was used as a sledge on a cricket field. Game was held up for 10 minutes as no one could stop laughing

ah now the best one cricketing wise was has to be the Aussie one to Phil Tuffnel...'Here, Tuffers lend us your brain, I'm building an idiot' :lol:
  • Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    NGale wrote:

ah now the best one cricketing wise was has to be the Aussie one to Phil Tuffnel...'Here, Tuffers lend us your brain, I'm building an idiot' :lol:

I think it was Merv Hughes when asked why he was fat answered, "Every time I s**g your wife she gives me a biscuit"
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • NGale
    NGale wrote:

I think it was Merv Hughes when asked why he was fat answered, "Every time I s**g your wife she gives me a biscuit"

yeah that's a good one. but the Tuffnel one is at least one you can throw back at WVM, taxi or bus driver :roll: