Paris Nice Stage 3 *spoiler*

2»

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,796
    ha!
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Wtf Sagan? Lethal Weapon 5.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • 1st 2nd 3rd forr the Aussies!
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Tom BB wrote:
    So close for G then...Goss takes it

Nice of Sagan to stick his bike through someones front wheel whilst on the deck :shock:

Just seen the replay....that was shocking by Sagan imo
    Yeh I agree, wtf didn't he stay where he was, he looked down the road and everyone had taken him wide, then he rolls himself over. May look different from another angle.
    EDIT: having seen it again I think he just tried to do his best to get out of the way.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Dirk Hoffman was in the right place at the right time for the Sagan crash.
  • Looked like a Quick Step rider was hauled down by Sagans bike? Could have been really messy that
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    afx237vi wrote:
    Dirk Hoffman was in the right place at the right time for the Sagan crash.
    HA yeh, thought that too :lol:
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Haven't seen it yet as at work but all I want to say is...

Sagan you twat! Though to be fair, my PTP luck had to run out soon. I knew I shouldn't have jumped on the SagWagon.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    There was another rider heading straight for him, which is why he tried to get out the way. Harsh to blame him really... adrenaline must have been rushing at that point.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Sounds like carnage.

Looking forward to seeing this one - even if it does mean I rekindle my self imposed ban on not picking Sagan.
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Yeah I've seen it another few times......doesn't look as bad from the other camera angle.....still careless though, but no quite as bad as I first thought! (Still a nightmare PTP wise :( )
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Goss, Henderson etc etc. No interest.

Shame for Sagan. He has 5 stitches in hip from Sarda crash and so was unable to train for 5 days or something.

Shame for Thomas too.

Light 'em up Voeckler.

Last 6km:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrafAsyH208
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Looks like his tub rolled but that could have been post crash.

What I don't understand is afterwards, it almost looks like he swings round and puts his bike right into the oncoming riders. I'm sure he wouldn't but it looks like he spins quite a bit more than normal then pushes his legs out with his bike...
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841

Thanks for that Gok... I can't wait up for the Eurosport highlights.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    His bike went up the road without him. Why did Thomas slow - could have got me some PTP points!
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • Tom BB
    Ms Tree wrote:
    His bike went up the road without him.

Whose? Sagans? I'm pretty sure it didn't!
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Tom BB wrote:
    Ms Tree wrote:
    His bike went up the road without him.

Whose? Sagans? I'm pretty sure it didn't!

'scuse me but I'm pretty sure it did - if you watch the replay of the reverse angle someone hooked it.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • Tom BB
    Ah right may have done, dunno....the other riders were initially brought down by Sagan rolling from right to left with the bike still attached and the bike going through the blokes front wheel though weren't they?
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Mr Sagan certainly likes to lock in his cleats. I thought with the situation it's a little harsh to blame him for moving, it was rather an "Oh crap, there's a bike on my foot" moment.
    Given the narrow streets many of these bunch sprints take place on I'm often amazed at the lack carnage.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Ms Tree wrote:
    His bike went up the road without him. Why did Thomas slow - could have got me some PTP points!
    It looked to me like he hesitated when they came out of that last corner, and he checked over his shoulder to see where Henderson was. Withouth that I reckon he might just have won it!
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    He did - he was leading out Henderson and "stopped" to look for him Henderson lost the wheel.