Result! - Ish

rick_chasey
rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
edited March 2011 in Pro race
Good news everyone:

The girlfriend has bought into the cycling and wants to make a day of watching Paris-Roubaix - including watching road to roubaix in the morning (A sunday in hell is a little too, err, hardcore for her), culminating in chips, mayo, and beer during the race.

Sounds perfect?

She's supporting Leopard - especially Cancellara.

Gutted.

Comments

• LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    All very well until you inadvertently called her "Tommeke" at a crucial moment. Then you'll know all about a pain in the cobbles.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    How did you get her into cycling? Did you threaten to read out the whole of the Clentador posts to her :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    It's the drip-drip effect. I spent years trying to get the Rev Tusher interested, whilst he tried to tell me that golf was a sport.
    By withdrawing conjugal rights (I imagine that Mr Chasey used a similar tactic)
    the week before one Tour, he was soon immersed in Channel 4's coverage, and able to name the entire CSC Team (as it was then).
    I'm even dragging him to the Vendee this year. Have I mention that?

The Classics are too advanced for him, however. But I'm working on it.
  • Tusher
    PS Do let us know when she joins the forum- another girl would be more than welcome.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Tusher we should warn her off men who call her 'the girlfriend' ( and those who write 'the wife'). What is wrong with the possessive pronoun? (You can see I have been doing my Italian homework this week)
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • Tusher
    That, Ms Tree, is a most excellent point.

And on International Women's Day as well.

Tsk, tsk.

Of course, the male brain is less advanced than ours, poor lambs, leading them to be difficult to train. In fact, many men can only concentrate on one task at a time.

We can but pity them.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    It may be womens day but it's also pancake day, so into the kitchen with both of you. Oh and if you're wondering why the men dont make pancakes.....it's because we're no good at it....or to give us our official name; we're useless tossers. :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.