W*nker in a Beemer

evil_breakfast
evil_breakfast Posts: 462
edited March 2011 in Commuting chat
You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.

Comments

• mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    i canny see the video?

just the write up, have i missed something obvious?

found it!

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... SS+Feed%29
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    Great that the police are taking it so seriously, but possibly the most anti-climactic cyclist assault caught on camera ever.
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    The footage shows an angry guy, whether it would be sufficient evidence to prosecute for assault is not clear. Maybe public order offences? Not taking anything away from the cyclist but the footage doesn't appear that clear.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • singlespeedexplosif
    singlespeedexplosif Posts: 1,564
    edited March 2011
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    dilemna wrote:
    The footage shows an angry guy, whether it would be sufficient evidence to prosecute for assault is not clear. Maybe public order offences? Not taking anything away from the cyclist but the footage doesn't appear that clear.

I was lead to understand that if you are genuinely afraid for your own safety then it is considered assault?

(not seen the video as I need to hear it to put it into context)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    Black beemer in Manchester? He's lucky he didn't get shot!
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    I'd have kicked some sense in to the little w*nker. It's about time cyclists started standing up for themselves.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Robstar24
    Robstar24 Posts: 173
    dilemna wrote:

I was lead to understand that if you are genuinely afraid for your own safety then it is considered assault?

(not seen the video as I need to hear it to put it into context)

correct, assault is actually giving the victim fear that they will suffer imminent actual bodily harm, so no contact is needed. but assault is the common parlance for low-level thuggery/violence on the person.

battery is the obvious one here, or assault occasioning actual bodily harm, depending on what harm the victim suffered.
  • jeremyrundle
    jeremyrundle Posts: 1,014
    Thank god someone with a headcam now knows tha value, this is the quality available from the £9 ebay ones. Which by the way are now £50 in Maplins.
    Peds with ipods, natures little speed humps

Banish unwanted fur - immac a squirrel
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... heads.html