Thule Proride 591 released in transit

2»

Comments

• sometimes it's because the downtube isn't seated in the mount properly, another thing i do is tighten it until it feels tight then wobble the bike side to side, this then centralises the bike in the holder and if it is off allows you to tighten it properly.

It was seated as it should be and i always check to make sure by wobbling them around

Even if not mounted correctly the rachet lock should prevent any release.. thats what its for
  • sometimes it's because the downtube isn't seated in the mount properly, another thing i do is tighten it until it feels tight then wobble the bike side to side, this then centralises the bike in the holder and if it is off allows you to tighten it properly.

It was seated as it should be and i always check to make sure by wobbling them around

Even if not mounted correctly the rachet lock should prevent any release.. thats what its for

I wonder if there wasn't a problematic batch of the 591. Mine are 3 years old, I bought 4 for the Discovery and they've all worked flawlessly, often carrying my wide tubed All Mountain bike, which is no lightweight, without any issues at all.
    Have you contacted Thule (or their UK distributors) to inquire about this issue?
  • Mupp1tt
    Mupp1tt Posts: 5
    Davie_g
    Can you contact me. I have had the same issue with the thule proride 591 and intend on taking action to recoup damage cost. 5grand bike was definately in the carrier and blew out from a gust of wind on a windy day.

Cheers
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Mupp1tt wrote:
    Davie_g
    Can you contact me. I have had the same issue with the thule proride 591 and intend on taking action to recoup damage cost. 5grand bike was definitely in the carrier and blew out from a gust of wind on a windy day.

Cheers
    unlikely that he will see that has he has never been back on here in the 2 plus years that he posted it.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown