Richmond Park Time Trials 2011

martinwilly
martinwilly Posts: 63
edited March 2011 in Amateur race
These wonderful events are back for 2011, organised by London Dynamo (and more specifically, me).

26th June, 24th July and 7th August.

For an entry form, please email me at martin at quickerbybike dot com.

If you're not familiar with the event, it's a 10.4 mile TT starting at Robin Hood Gate and lapping anti-clockwise to Kinsgton Gate, where you dead-turn and retrace your route back to Robin Hood, before turning right to finish up the drag to Penn Ponds.

The course record is held by domestic TT legend Micheal Hutchinson. There is a good chance we'll have some 2012 pros racing this year. It's an extremely friendly and inclusive event: that is in fact the main point. There will be a strong ladies field. There are places reserved for juniors. There is a road bike category. There is even talk of a Boris Bike category! Watch this space.

The Park is beautiful and peaceful at that time in the morning (first rider 06.00) and there is no traffic before 7. The events are organised with the blessing and support of the Park Police and Cycling Time Trials.

Please feel free to spread the word but I would get your entry in first. TT entants are normally selected on the basis of fastest previous time. Because these events are intended to be inclusive and welcoming, it is your speed at sending me a cheque that will count.

Martin
Would you promote cycling on your shorts as you commute? www.quickerbybike.com