For all you London Banker commuters out there...

Mr Sworld
Mr Sworld Posts: 703
edited March 2011 in Commuting chat

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Poxy London bank I work at* has Youtube blocked. Damn them, damn them all. What was the gist of it?

*as lowly IT staff.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    Blokes on Boris's

We are the Drambillionaires!

We're hoping to take part in the Drambuie Pursuit 2011 - an all-expenses-paid Highland adventure of a lifetime. In order for us to win a place, we need you to vote for our team via the Drambuie UK website now. We have to get in the top 5 to win a place, and if we become the top voted team, £2,500 will be donated to Providence Row!

Vote for us here:

http://www.drambuie.co.uk/teams/2011/387/

We ain't billionaires but we have some "style",
    For charity, we wanna go the extra mile.

Drambuie's great, we even have it in our tea,
    But remember ... drink responsibly.

We're Karl, Andy, Rich and Simon,
    As you can see we're pretty good at rhymin'.

Wherever in London we four go,
    Boris the mayor is our cycling hero.

We ride around in our suits and hats,
    Some people say we look like... GENTLEMEN!

We need to escape the city for the Scottish hills,
    A great adventure race is how we want to get our thrills.

So help us raise money for Providence Row,
    The Drambuie Pursuit's where we want to go.

On a serious note:- Last year 3,673 people slept rough in London and the average life expectancy of someone sleeping rough is only 42. These worrying statistics have made us choose to support Providence Row (http://www.providencerow.org.uk/), a local charity helping many people in the tough journey from homelessness back into the community.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    If you like that video, try this one.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • jayfong7
    jayfong7 Posts: 1
    dhope wrote:
    Poxy London bank I work at* has Youtube blocked. Damn them, damn them all. What was the gist of it?

*as lowly IT staff.
    just find some proxy man.. you can find some at newest proxy sites... just go there click at any link and in new opened website type youtube URL. enjoy ;)
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    jayfong7 wrote:
    dhope wrote:

*as lowly IT staff.
    just find some proxy man.. you can find some at newest proxy sites... just go there click at any link and in new opened website type youtube URL. enjoy ;)

That or could have viewed on the phone.
    tbh, the 'London Banker' description made me assume it'd be pretty dull so I didn't bother with either.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Bikequin
    Bikequin Posts: 402
    dhope wrote:
    jayfong7 wrote:
    dhope wrote:

*as lowly IT staff.

That or could have viewed on the phone.
    tbh, the 'London Banker' description made me assume it'd be pretty dull so I didn't bother with either.

With the greatest of respect to the OP - you're not missing much, a pretty drab video of 4 guys in shorts riding round London on Boris bikes.
    You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quin.