secretsqirrel
secretsqirrel Posts: 2,041
edited March 2011 in Pro race
Jens in the break away of 3.
55 seconds.

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    A big split in the peloton too. HTC in the back group?
    Paris-Nice has it all.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • secretsqirrel
    Chasing peloton split in 2.

40 seconds for the breakaways.

Eurosport 2 BTW.
  • mattsy666
    mattsy666 Posts: 91
    The highlight so far was Kelly's 'lay-oh-pard' ... To which Harmon scoffed and was promptly told that that was how it was being pronounced on race radio so he was sticking with it ... I can see this being a running battle all season ...
  • secretsqirrel
    Just over 10k to go.

Gap 35 secs. Let the chase begin.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Fantasitico!
    Tommy d G's biggest and best.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • secretsqirrel
    Good finish!

Well done de Gendt
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Great Stage! Brilliant ride by all of the breakaway....well done Tommy de Gendt

Haussler first of the 'bunch' home-my first ptp points!
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,920
    HTC best sort themselves out! They were no where today!

Not doing my PTP any good at all. Top ride by de Gendt though, deserved the win.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Whoa, I thought racing with radios was robotic and boring?

:lol:

Good stage.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • StefanP
    StefanP Posts: 429
    Excellent just tuned in a little late (boo!) but good for my ptp at least, fantastic win for de Gendt and really lucky to just have that last bit left for the sprint
  • oscarbudgie
    oscarbudgie Posts: 850
    Great to see Tommy de G getting a big one - had a soft spot for him ever since his heroics at the Tour of Britain a few years ago
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    A good stage, it turned out more exciting than a prologue.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Great stage. That acceleration by JI Gutierrez was epic. Sagan looks up for it, too.
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    Uran and Moncoutie both lost 8.20. Uran was involved in a crash, not sure about Moncoutie, maybe he realises the GC chances arent great as he's not a good tt-er so is going to try for some breaks.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Really enjoyed that - much better than a boring old prologue with a predictable winner. Did you see both Roy and De Gendt had their ear-pieces out?
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    + lots for Tommy DG - he gives it a real go and I'm very happy for him.
  • Noclue
    Noclue Posts: 503
    Was he the chap who in the 2009 Tour of Britain was in every break every day and won the KoM jersey and the points jersey?
  • eh
    eh Posts: 4,854
    Quality win, but I do have an issue with a man bringing the snood to the front of the Pro peloton :evil:

NB: I don't care if it is a Buff, it looks like a snood.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Noclue wrote:
    Was he the chap who in the 2009 Tour of Britain was in every break every day and won the KoM jersey and the points jersey?
    Yep, he's the one. He made the 2009 ToB "boring" and "predictable" by heading up the road after about 500m every day(!) He does a lot of break riding and its good to see him getting a good win out of it. In it to win it...
  • greeny12
    greeny12 Posts: 759
    Great to see Tommy de G getting a big one - had a soft spot for him ever since his heroics at the Tour of Britain a few years ago

Exactly the same for me - I've always looked out for his results since - he's come close to a couple of decent wins but has lost out to breakaway companions before, so I'm made up that he got home first this time.

Wondering if he'll try a follow-up today in true ToB style...guess the quality of the field and the effort yesterday dictates not...
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    Great first stage and yes much better than a prologue. Sprinters teams got it wrong as Sean Kelly commentated on.

Question though.... Should Sky be putting there eggs fully in the' Wiggins basket' after this quote made in the interview on Eurosport.

Quote......."Nothing will ever change the Olympics is always the main focus, I just do things in the other four years to keep myself busy really" .......end of quote.

Do you like me think that it would be nice for Sky to have a fully committed team leader, one that passionately wants to succeed on the road rather than someone that is using a very well paid fill in opportunity between what he really most finds motivating.
    :?:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Teams still ironing out the way chases will unfold this season - and who will take up the charge?

He did well to hold on, nevertheless.
  • greeny12
    greeny12 Posts: 759
    Ron Stuart wrote:

Do you like me think that it would be nice for Sky to have a fully committed team leader, one that passionately wants to succeed on the road rather than someone that is using a very well paid fill in opportunity between what he really most finds motivating.

They do - he's called Mick Rogers.
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    greeny12 wrote:
    Ron Stuart wrote:

They do - he's called Mick Rogers.

You know I could have sworn it was Bradley Wiggins that was being interviewed, surely it was, must have been, the accent, the Paul Weller hair cut and here I am completely unaware that Mick Rogers did impressions. :shock:

Ah but could Mick Rogers get in the Australian track pursuit team these days :?: mind you not everyone gets two World Championship Gold Medals on the same day do they :?: