Shutt VR

TMR
TMR Posts: 3,986
edited March 2011 in Road buying advice
I've just been having a look at their site this evening and quite like the look of their Gilet, and their Signature Training Top. Do any of you have either? I am interested in any observations regarding fit, comfort and build quality.

Thanks.

Comments

• TMR
    *Bump!*
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,529
    do a search for shutt vr and you'll find masses of positive comments. i've got 3 jerseys which are all really good.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • mattbass789
    mattbass789 Posts: 355
    Hi Mad Rapper,

To give you a quick over view, the gilet is made from softshell windproof fabric and has a mesh back so that you don't get too hot!

I used the old style gilet today coincidently, along with the signature jersey long sleeve obviously it's still cold here. Had a long sleeve ice breaker base layer too, and was plenty warm.

The gilet has side zips to get to pockets in jersey, and it packs down to less than half a standard jersey pocket.

The training top, has usual gripper at back, elasticated to support the pockets if you load them up. 4 pockets, 3 standard and 1 zipped which is part of the middle pocket, and is lined.

Give me a shout if you want to know anything more, as gsk said do a search there's loads of reviews around here.

Also, GSK I'm from near Beverley, haven't spotted any other shutt wearers around our way! I'll keep my eyes peeled.
    “If you worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”

@mattbeedham
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    I think the search service is still limited, so the OP won't be able to find any of the threads predating the outage last week.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • TMR
    gsk82 wrote:
    do a search for shutt vr and you'll find masses of positive comments. i've got 3 jerseys which are all really good.

I thought the search wasn't working properly since the forum went down? Apologies if it's been fixed.
  • TMR
    Also, GSK I'm from near Beverley, haven't spotted any other shutt wearers around our way! I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Thanks for the post. Incidentally, I did a number of signals courses at Beverley when I was in the Army. Small world! :wink:
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    I have the Signature Training Top, as well as a few Team Tops and Winter jackets...
    Excellent workmanship, very good materials and fit well, too.
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    I have the Shutt Gilet, excellent value and very light.

Wearing wise it has proved really good but I do get a some condensation on the inside at the front.

I regularly get pissed off with the zip catching in the fold of the edge and I can get very frustrated with that as sometimes you feel like tearing the thing off.

All in all good value for money, however I will probably switch next year to an Assos.
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    yep - I have a couple of their long sleeve jerseys, in standard and the LE winter version with extra lovely brushed fleece inner, and cant fault them. I have the original version of the gilet in a different fabric to the current ones, and its a good product as wel but having seen the current version I'd much prefer one of those. Its more softshell while the old one was a bit more noisy fabric. Mesh backs are a great idea for cooling and breathability as well.
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...