Joddrell Bank Sportive Route

fleshtuxedo
fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
edited March 2011 in The bottom bracket
Does anyone know if there are there are any proper climbs on the 80 mile route? It says mainly flat. No detailed maps on the website.

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I was looking to do this, if me cold disappears.

theres a route here

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/80 ... drell-Bank

But i'm a bit worried about the feedback from last years.

"For what it's worth I've done a fair few sportives in my time and this is by far the worst I have experienced. I don't want to detail what has already been said here but the usual feed-stop food quality, route marking, parking debacle (not so much the availability, but non segregation of riders and cars when vehicles cars were trying to get onto the full car park - I'm surprised somebody wasn't injured.) One thing I don't think I've picked up on so far is the route choice. For £25 I would expect some imaginative route options but a couple of miles on the A6??? Some clown at Torelli (or is it just one person?) blatantly used the 'drag route' option on bikehike to make up the miles at the end. And the first feed stop was approaching 50 miles for the 80 mile riders. Very poor, and a cr&p introduction to sportives for my other half. "

and THIS
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    If its a similar route to last time there was only the one real climb and I wad happy with that - early season and all. I thought it was a decent event to be honest - got parked fine - but even if I hadn't - what's the issue about riding 100m to start off ? How lazy can people be ? Cheshire cat never has parking and nobody complains.
    I thought feeds were fine but I take my
    Own stuff anyway - so anything else is a bonus. Pretty sure they had drink refills anyway.
    I'll prob do it next weekend.

Oh look up broken spoke sporting - amazing value and amazing feed stops. A lot harder than this though but it us august.
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    Cheers for the replies, I'll expect a pretty flat ride and not much food at the stops then!