Rapha Hell of the North 2011

AndyF16
AndyF16 Posts: 506
edited April 2011 in The bottom bracket
Anyone else planning on taking part? I'm a big fan of the proper event and missed last year so will definitely be in North London on 10th April in lieu of Northern France!
2011 Bianchi D2 Cavaria in celeste (of course!)
2011 Enigma Echo 57cm in naked Ti
2009 Orange G2 19" in, erm orange

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'd like to but I may not be cool enough........... :wink:
  • AndyF16
    dmclite wrote:
    I'd like to but I may not be cool enough........... :wink:

I definitely ain't mate - won't be stopping me though, i may even pop into Lidl for their cheapest kit just to piss off the Metrosexual poseur contingent :P
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    When I saw Hell of the North, I assumed that the event would be in the North of England! How wrong could I be. This will certainly reinforce a number of the preconceptions with regard to Rapha and its target customer base.
    Someone needs a geography lesson. The North doesn't start until somewhere just South of Manchester. :twisted:
  • AndyF16
    Nickwill wrote:
    When I saw Hell of the North, I assumed that the event would be in the North of England! How wrong could I be. This will certainly reinforce a number of the preconceptions with regard to Rapha and its target customer base.
    Someone needs a geography lesson. The North doesn't start until somewhere just South of Manchester. :twisted:

The event is 'in honour' of the Paris-Roubaix race run on the same day, which is nicknamed Hell of the North as in northern France mate - while Rapha could easily be accused of Metrocentricity, not really in this case :idea: :)
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    Andy, I got the reference to Paris Roubaix and I suppose I was trying to be a bit ironical. I don't think that came across though. :oops:
    I'll now don my flat cap. put the chips back on both my shoulders and head off to feed the whippets! :)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    I thought it was also a bit of a London in-joke - in that it's North (of) London. After all, it starts in hi-gate.
  • Anonymous
    Joking aside, it looks pretty good, nice day of cycling panacea.
  • I predict a flashmob on mainly third hand full-pogo Argos specials. All of whom I'll be happy to join in with.
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • Anonymous
    I predict a flashmob on mainly third hand full-pogo Argos specials. All of whom I'll be happy to join in with.

I predict an early breakaway of bike radar posuers if the above is true. Count me in as I am tempted to order a silk rapha neck scarf to wear on the day. :wink:
  • Don't think I'm anywhere near "cool" enough to go to the Rapha event, I'll just have to make do with spending the weekend in Valenciennes instead...

:D
  • Anonymous
    Don't think I'm anywhere near "cool" enough to go to the Rapha event, I'll just have to make do with spending the weekend in Valenciennes instead...

Mon dieu. :D
  • dmclite wrote:
    Don't think I'm anywhere near "cool" enough to go to the Rapha event, I'll just have to make do with spending the weekend in Valenciennes instead...

Zut alors!
  • AndyF16
    dmclite wrote:

Zut alors!

Sacre bleu!! If you were trying to make us jealous GreasedScotsman, it worked :(
  • AndyF16 wrote:
    Sacre bleu!! If you were trying to make us jealous GreasedScotsman, it worked :(

It's Rick I'm jealous of...

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12763442
  • Anonymous
    AndyF16 wrote:

It's Rick I'm jealous of...

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12763442

Yeah but his chick looks like Jan Ullrich in a bad mood. :D

JOKE. :wink:

jealousy is a dreadful thing.....
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    dmclite wrote:

Zut alors!

Merde!
    M.Rushton
  • Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    Yeah I'm doing this one. Should be fun.
  • AndyF16
    Thoroughly enjoyable day yesterday, just the right amount of organisation IMO, obviously great weather and relaxed atmosphere - and an outsider winning the race on TV too

Quite funny with all the middle aged (like me!) men in full Rapha outfits, it didn't get them any extra free beer, unlike my barefaced cheek :P