Lee Quarry closed sections

piker
piker Posts: 353
edited March 2011 in Routes
Anyone know what bits are still closed,also is the link to cragg waymarked or is it easy to find cragg quarry.

Comments

• piker
    I will answer my own question,the section after the cattle grid has signs and the remains of tape saying it is closed.As i said remains of tape because everyone is riding it anyway.
  • Going over Lee Quarry next Sunday, is the path across to Cragg Quarry easy to find ?

Cheers
  • piker
    Going over Lee Quarry next Sunday, is the path across to Cragg Quarry easy to find ?

Cheers

Yes after you get past the skills area with the see saw ect. you follow the red round the back of the quarry and climb to the top with a cliff to your right.
    The link route is on the left a bit further along,follow the link till you get to the dirt road/cart track at the top,turn right and follow the track down the hill untill you come to a reservoir on your right and cragg quarry is on the left.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,042
    piker wrote:
    I will answer my own question,the section after the cattle grid has signs and the remains of tape saying it is closed.As i said remains of tape because everyone is riding it anyway.

I like the last bit through the trees, makes a nice change to hitting rock slabs for 20 minutes.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • piker wrote:
    Going over Lee Quarry next Sunday, is the path across to Cragg Quarry easy to find ?

Cheers

Yes after you get past the skills area with the see saw ect. you follow the red round the back of the quarry and climb to the top with a cliff to your right.
    The link route is on the left a bit further along,follow the link till you get to the dirt road/cart track at the top,turn right and follow the track down the hill untill you come to a reservoir on your right and cragg quarry is on the left.

Thanks for that Piker .... Looking forward to getting over there :)
  • piker
    piker wrote:

I like the last bit through the trees, makes a nice change to hitting rock slabs for 20 minutes.

I think that last bit flows very well,not convinced about the changes on the section before apart from the berm at the bottom.
  • piker
    Out of interest anyone know how far it is from the kingfisher carpark to go round lee quarry up the link to cragg quarry and back to lee then down to the carpark.
  • krankl
    krankl Posts: 4
    About 10 miles