Booked any holidays yet?

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 19,354
edited March 2011 in Commuting chat
Going anywhere nice?
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    :lol:

Paging Greg66
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Oh, FFS!

Do your job, shut up, no, I don't want anything "in it" thank you (bloody jizz-in-a-bottle products - stick 'em where the sun don't shine), nor do I want my bloody eyebrows clippered (bender) and if you think you're getting a tip you can fcuk right off.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Greg66 wrote:
    Oh, FFS!

Do your job, shut up, no, I don't want anything "in it" thank you (bloody jizz-in-a-bottle products - stick 'em where the sun don't shine), nor do I want my bloody eyebrows clippered (bender) and if you think you're getting a tip you can fcuk right off.

Oh, you ride a bike? That's good, my son does too, we got him a nice mountain bike from Halfords over the weekend. Only £70. You're not one of those that jump the lights are you?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    Oh, FFS!

Oh, you ride a bike? That's good, my son does too, we got him a nice mountain bike from Halfords over the weekend. Only £70. You're not one of those that jump the lights are you?

RIGHT! Give me those fcuking scissors, right now...
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Moving House, Painting new house, fixing stuff in new house......bugger.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,354
    Greg66 wrote:
    Oh, FFS!

HeHe

Greg66 wrote:
    nor do I want my bloody eyebrows clippered.

It's a truely horrific moment, the first time the hairdressers asks if you want "something done" with your eyebrows.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    What? Have I missed something?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    Greg66 wrote:
    Oh, FFS!

Cheer up chap, it's when they offer to do something about the hair that isn't on your head and is instead coming out of your ears and nostrils that you really need to start getting grumpy.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    "How would Sir like his hair cut today?"

"In silence"
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    France for two weeks, one week sailing on TS Royalist and maybe another week sailing if Jake every gets that bloody boat in the front garden back on the water :lol:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Oh yes, oh yes I have.

Bermuda in August.....oh f0ck I'm already there. House on an island with a dedicated six seater boat to get to and from civilisation.

I'll think of you, I promise I will.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,402
    Bermuda eh?

Will we ever hear from you again?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Chris McG
    Chris McG Posts: 189
    Going MTBing in Scotland at easter :D
    "Orbea, Bianchi, Ridley, Van Nicholas, Planet X, Niner. My Euro-bike menagerie was going well up to the last 2..."
  • 2 weeks camping in cornwall with wife and kids .

and a man gets his hair cut at a barbers

a real man does it himself with the clippers unguarded and then runs the sterlings over to take the grade a bit shorter.
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • Poacher
    Poacher Posts: 165
    Just back from a fortnight in Madeira - fantastic for walking, whether high mountains or levadas (some with a terrifying degree of exposure - huge drops off the side of a 50cm wide length of rock/concrete, some totally benign for an afternoon walk with granny).
    Definitely not a place I'd like to cycle, though; too many 25% climbs which seem to go on for ever. Most of the cyclists I saw were content to ride up and down the main drag into central Funchal from the hotel zone, some with seriously desirable road bikes. Two souvenirs for me; a dozen bar towels of obscure UK breweries bought by the kilo from a fabric shop I got dragged into, great for mopping sweat after a hard ride, and a rather nice winter-weight Berg cycling jacket for under 20 euros.

Will probably fit in two separate weeks camping in UK later this year - no decisions as yet.
    Ceps, morelles, trompettes de mort. Breakfast of champignons.
  • Poacher
    Poacher Posts: 165
    Forgot the other souvenir; my wife bought a shopping bag for our sister-in-law and found a slightly used pair of tweezers left in it, presumably by the maker/shopkeeper...

..... which I've commandeered as they're absolutely ideal for removing those annoying nostril and ear hairs. :twisted:
    Ceps, morelles, trompettes de mort. Breakfast of champignons.