Boardman 2011 specs for all bikes

Comments

• IDave
    IDave Posts: 223
    [drool] Wow! [/drool]

:wink:
  • Seriously, what the hell is with the length of the stems on the FS though...!?
    ::'11 Pitch Pro::
  • dot1
    dot1 Posts: 538
    Man, some of them look tasty! Love the carbon HT's! With carbon wheels and finishing kit too, they are going to be feckin' light! Love the re-designed FS as well. Risky move going up to 130mm travel though I think. The 2010 models with 100mm were all aimed at the XC crowd, but now with 130mm they're moving into the trail market. Will be very interested to see the prices of them. Only thing I don't like is the fact they're all the same colour other than the comp! That could get confusing!
    Trek Remedy 7 2009
    viewtopic.php?t=12634629

Boardman Pro Singlespeed - Sold
    viewtopic.php?t=12752297&highlight=

Giant Defy 5 2012
  • dot1 wrote:
    Love the re-designed FS as well. Risky move going up to 130mm travel though I think. The 2010 models with 100mm were all aimed at the XC crowd, but now with 130mm they're moving into the trail market.
    2010 FS were 120mm travel, HTs were 100mm. Looks like quite a short shock stroke on the FS for 130mm travel too. Geometry looks a bit slacker than previously though.
    ::'11 Pitch Pro::
  • Mental spec on the Elite FM 1.7. 8.21 kg! Gotta be feckin pricey.
  • d3matt
    d3matt Posts: 510
    I read that the range will go up to £5,000.

Riding this Boardman Team FS 2010. Also trying my first blog.
  • new 2011 range on halfords site now

with savngs of £9150

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... pp%7C%7C30
    1996 GT Borrego - 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Expert - 2010 Specialized enduro expert
  • mac_man
    mac_man Posts: 918
    The new FS bikes look a lot more trail focused than last years with slacker head angles and 130mm forks.

The team looks a mint spec for £999 compared to something like a £1200 Spesh Camber.

If the reported twanginess of the older models has been eradicated these will be flying off the shelves.

I like the colour as well
    Cool, retro and sometimes downright rude MTB and cycling themed T shirts. Just MTFU.

By day: http://www.mtfu.co.uk
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    Good to see the whole range future proofed with2x 10, BB30,120mm forks,etc.Good sensible specs for the rpice points too.Not as light as last years model for model,but probably more suited for trail riding.

No price for the HT Team carbon yet? HT Pro carbon is £1600,so I reckon that the HT carbon Team might come in at £1300 which is still good value.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • toby_winkler
    toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
    This is a bit of a stunner, 18.1lbs as well! Pretty damn impressive.

Good to see the boardman range progressing, would be awesome to see some of the xc bikes being used in high end races, no reason why they cant be with bikes like the EM1.7.

How long do you think it will be before they have an AM/DH bike then? ;)
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The HT Pro is surprising lardy at 25.5lbs without pedals, that is 1.5lbs up on last year. The Team is only 0.45lbs heavier. The Rekon TK drops it into the level of many other bikes at 850 quid though, would have liked to have seen a MoCo fork here.

EM range looks great value, but why the 1.0 has the same wheels as the HT Team is beyond me.

Nitpicking really, they are still very good value - just think a couple of spec points have been overlooked given the budget.
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    supersonic wrote:
    The HT Pro is surprising lardy at 25.5lbs without pedals, that is 1.5lbs up on last year. The Team is only 0.45lbs heavier. The Rekon TK drops it into the level of many other bikes at 850 quid though, would have liked to have seen a MoCo fork here.

EM range looks great value, but why the 1.0 has the same wheels as the HT Team is beyond me.

Nitpicking really, they are still very good value - just think a couple of spec points have been overlooked given the budget.

Given that the spec hasn`t been that significantly downgraded its hard to work out where the extra weight come from.Surely upping the travel to 120mm can`t make that difference.

Maybe the old frame was a little too skinny.......
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    The weight of my 08 ht pro was given as 24.8lb, and that had higher spec finishing kit and wheels than the 09/10 one, so I think the weight is fairly sensible.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    They look great, especially the HTs. I can vouch for the geometry as it's almost exactly the same as on my Fury. The Comp somehow manages the have almost exactly the same spec but its 1lb lighter than my Fury too. Though atm, it is £100 more. It was only £50 before

On the whole range they seem to have made the jump to 'trail bikes' from more XC orientated offering. With 20mm more travel on the HTs and 10mm on the FSs. The HTs also have a slacker head angle too, well all of them actually.

I also wondered why the EM 1.0 has such bad wheels too, considering the money.
  • heez29
    heez29 Posts: 612
    Horrible rear hose routing on the MTBs. Was the first thing I noticed when we got them in last week. Why you would run it under the BB is beyond me.
  • heez29
    heez29 Posts: 612
    Horrible rear hose routing on the MTBs. Was the first thing I noticed when we got them in last week. Why you would run it under the BB is beyond me.