Gutted.!

Karl2010
Karl2010 Posts: 511
edited March 2011 in Amateur race
A little gutted here.
Just been looking at doing some of the CDNW Races this season, all the races closest to me are fully booked untill June at least.

Looks like i won't be doing as many races as i would have liked.
Probs try and do the Darley Moor races and the odd road race when it pops up.

"you snooze, you lose"

Comments

• Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Karl.. Don't despair mate..

If you turn up early enough you can put your name down on the EOL Start sheet and I almost guarantee you'll get a ride..

What races had you planned on entering?
    cartoon.jpg
  • Karl2010
    Karl2010 Posts: 511
    EOL?

CDNW - Event 1 Pimbo
    CDNW - Event 2 Saighton
    CDNW - Event 7 Gt. Budworth

I emailed Iain about turning up at the Pimbo Race this Sunday and he said there is a good chance a few won't turn up, so might be able to get on.

Have you ever done any of the SIS Cirts in Preston? If so what is the course like?

Chears
    Karl
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    EOL > Entry On the Line
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    EOL > Entry On the Line
  • It's been the same year after year with lots of 'Mustard' riders early season.
    Just be organised and not slack - you only have yourself to blame.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    In all the times I have turned up to the CDNW and entered on the line I have got a ride. You really have to be on the ball with CDNW - lots of people want to ride.

Just turn up on the day before everyone else and make sure your name is at the top of the reserve list and I bet you'll get a ride.

If you don't get a ride then offer to marshal that day. They will remember you for next time and might bend the rules for you a bit :)

I am down to ride those events myself but in E/1/2 and pre entered in January some time and they were nearly full.

I have done some of the SIS crits yea, the course is cool. Make sure your near the front in the last lap if its still all together and you should be fine and in for some points.

I think the course at Tameside is one of the best but might be a bit far to travel. The hairpin corner is banked so you can hit it hard and keep your speed.. Real fun..

Karl2010 wrote:
    EOL?

CDNW - Event 1 Pimbo
    CDNW - Event 2 Saighton
    CDNW - Event 7 Gt. Budworth

I emailed Iain about turning up at the Pimbo Race this Sunday and he said there is a good chance a few won't turn up, so might be able to get on.

Have you ever done any of the SIS Cirts in Preston? If so what is the course like?

Chears
    Karl
    cartoon.jpg