im jealous

mudcow007
mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
edited March 2011 in Commuting chat
just litrally got back from my LBS, my dad has just ordered a brand spanky new Tricross....i want one!

the smokey grey black paint looks like it will scratch to buggery though
Keeping it classy since '83

Comments

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Just take his! :twisted:
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    mudcow007 wrote:
    just litrally got back from my LBS, my dad has just ordered a brand spanky new Tricross....i want one!

the smokey grey black paint looks like it will scratch to buggery though

guy at work has got one - I was out at lunch sorting his brakes and chain - no scratches that I could see - and he really abuses it. (God does he ever... took 3 goes with the chain cleaner brush set to see the original colour...)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Maybe he saw the thread about you hankering after your boss' Tricross, so nipped out and ordered it as a surprise present for you?
  • mudcow007
    kelsen wrote:
    Maybe he saw the thread about you hankering after your boss' Tricross, so nipped out and ordered it as a surprise present for you?

if only! plus it was my borthday last month

i asked my boss about his old tricross an he said he is thinking of keeping it now as its coming up to summer, but if he sells it i will have first offer....bad times!!
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    mudcow007 wrote:
    kelsen wrote:

if only! plus it was my borthday last month

i asked my boss about his old tricross an he said he is thinking of keeping it now as its coming up to summer, but if he sells it i will have first offer....bad times!!

Kill your boss?

Now some will see this as slightly extreme, but we're talking a Tricross here.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • mudcow007
    ahhh i dont know what to do, i think i need a new bike but dont know what i want. i dont think im ready to go to the dark side of a "proper" road bike, so think the tri-cross is the winner but dont want to spend £700+

but i did really like the look of the Condor Fratella, someone posted a pic of one on here today, it looked sweeeeet
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    Mudcow... get the Fratello. Sell an organ, sell your whole goddam body... I've just been riding it around the car park and it is... oh jesus I'm crying again.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Mudcow... get the Fratello. Sell an organ, sell your whole goddam body... I've just been riding it around the car park and it is... oh jesus I'm crying again.

Stop! I only work in St Pauls, Condor is so close, they take C2W vouchers and the company scheme starts again in a month. This is dangerous talk!
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I work on Grays Inn Road. Its LETHAL.

BUT.... some cracking deals in there at the moment, all the 2010 stock is being built up and flogged as complete bikes at big discounts... just go and have a look, no commitment.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    I work on Grays Inn Road. Its LETHAL.

BUT.... some cracking deals in there at the moment, all the 2010 stock is being built up and flogged as complete bikes at big discounts... just go and have a look, no commitment.

Yeah yeah, just try a bit of this heroin, it's fine, no commitment.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo