Edge 705 owners

redvee
redvee Posts: 11,922
edited March 2011 in Commuting chat
For those that have upgraded to sw3.30, have you noticed a difference to the average cadence total for your rides? I've changed from the Garmin magnet to a neodymium magnet that hides on the back of the pedal spindle and thinking this might be the cause of low averages and spikes in max speed of upto 60mph.
I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.

Comments

• Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    I do not know the answer to your question, sorry, but I lost my magnet and wondered how best to replace it?
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    I had the same using the mavic wheel magnet.

Went back to the Garmin and everything is fine.
  • redvee
    Looks like it's a new way of calculating the average cadence with sw3.20. In the past it was calculated on the time you were actually pedalling. Now it is a true mean figure calculated on the overall ride time/distance. Went back to the Garmin cadence magent today and the results are the same as with the neodymium I've been using recently.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Didn't they put in additional options for autopause and zero-averaging? Mainly for the power measurement folks. Maybe they also changed the defaults when they were at it.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • redvee
    JonGinge wrote:
    Didn't they put in additional options for autopause and zero-averaging? Mainly for the power measurement folks. Maybe they also changed the defaults when they were at it.

Forgot about that option in the menu. Had the zero averaging turned on since the update and I think I had it turned off before.
    Just did a quick 32second sprint across the living room and the cadence figures are as before, woefully low.

Thanks Jon.
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    redvee wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

Forgot about that option in the menu. Had the zero averaging turned on since the update and I think I had it turned off before.
    Just did a quick 32second sprint across the living room and the cadence figures are as before, woefully low.

Thanks Jon.

???

Is this your living room?

RohoPics%20217%20(Large).jpg
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    redvee wrote:

Thanks Jon.

I imagine that I would struggle to get more than 1 rev before crashing into a wall. And it would take a lot less than 32 seconds! :shock:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Mine on 3.3 seems fine. Just checked yesterday's ride and 89rpm average.
  • redvee
    redvee wrote:

Thanks Jon.

A little mis-truth, the sprint was stationary with the back wheel raised up with some start-stop crank rotation.