Bike Dreams

Crazybear
Crazybear Posts: 33
edited March 2011 in MTB general
I hope this is the right forum for this question, does anyone have dreams about their
bikes? My bikes apears regularly in mine. Most of the time I find my self on an unknown
forest trail. More often than not it leads to a body of water, usually the ocean, sometimes
a deep stream. HHHMMMMM... anyway these dreams always leave me refreshed.
So anybody got dreams?[/b]
"Leave the gun, take the cannoli"

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Erm, no. But I used to have a recurring dream about a very specific place, that I'd never seen in real life. In the dreams, I was sat serenely watching the sun go down over a large river in the middle distance, and felt incredibly calm. Had the dream several times over about 5 years.

One day, I was out riding somewhere new locally, and stopped for a breather at the top of a climb. As I put the bike down and sat there to chill for a bit, I realised that it was the exact same place that was in my dream.
    Weird, slightly freaky, but very true.
    Cool stuff.
  • Erm, no. But I used to have a recurring dream about a very specific place, that I'd never seen in real life. In the dreams, I was sat serenely watching the sun go down over a large river in the middle distance, and felt incredibly calm. Had the dream several times over about 5 years.

One day, I was out riding somewhere new locally, and stopped for a breather at the top of a climb. As I put the bike down and sat there to chill for a bit, I realised that it was the exact same place that was in my dream.
    Weird, slightly freaky, but very true.
    Cool stuff.

Had that same dejavu moment a few times in my life as well. Almost scares the shoot out of me when it happens. Normally not places that are the same thing, but more often conversations seem to occur which I had in dreams. In a dream, have a strange conversation with someone, then a few days later I notice i'm having the same strange conversation with someone.

Bikes make it into a lot of dreams as well!
  • Well if dream philosophy is correct you only dream about things that are buried in your subcontious as opposed to things fresh in your mind.

So taking that into account and applying some completely non-philosophical theory I have come to the conclusion that you don't ride enough, don't spend enough time cleaning your pride and joy and spend far too little time deciding what upgrade/bike to buy next

So ride more and you'll stop having weird dreams.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    I realised that it was the exact same place that was in my dream.
    Aww man that's beautiful :)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    This was stranger than deja vu though, I mean the dream was recurring so much that I had a crystal clear image of it, not some fuzzy half remembered memory. It was something I pondered about a lot.

There's a theory, or belief, or whatever you want to call it, that says everything in life exists within our minds, almost like a Matrix world. And that most people are constructs of our, and other people's minds. Its supposed to explain why, when you first find a some places, they're pristine, short grass, amazing plantlife etc. But over time, it all becomes overgrown and ruined, because nobody is there to maintain it. But nobody ever did maintain it, the reason it was pristine when you first saw it is because it had just been created.
    Its a crazy idea, but so much more fascinating than some big bearded guy making everything in 7 days!
  • This was stranger than deja vu though, I mean the dream was recurring so much that I had a crystal clear image of it, not some fuzzy half remembered memory. It was something I pondered about a lot.

There's a theory, or belief, or whatever you want to call it, that says everything in life exists within our minds, almost like a Matrix world. And that most people are constructs of our, and other people's minds. Its supposed to explain why, when you first find a some places, they're pristine, short grass, amazing plantlife etc. But over time, it all becomes overgrown and ruined, because nobody is there to maintain it. But nobody ever did maintain it, the reason it was pristine when you first saw it is because it had just been created.
    Its a crazy idea, but so much more fascinating than some big bearded guy making everything in 7 days!

Ideas like this amaze me. Same as the idea behind the film Inception, after some of the weird things that do happen in life, with relation to dreams, you wonder really what could be actually happening "behind the scenes".
  • cagebomb
    cagebomb Posts: 47
    most of my good dreams are about cycling, usually I'm pulling off huge jumps and tricks that I can't do in real life, these are some of the best dreams I have. I wake up feeling great, go out on the bike then feel utterly disappointed that I can't ride like I do in my dreams. :cry:
  • toby_winkler
    toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
    I had a dream last night that my wheels and bars got stolen off my bike when I popped into the toilet at some random trail centre :(

I also once had a dream about doing some drops at Lee Quarry with some forum members, very random indeed.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I also once had a dream about doing some drops at Lee Quarry with some forum members, very random indeed.

That's called a nightmare.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • toby_winkler
    toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
    cooldad wrote:

That's called a nightmare.

Well that depends on who the forum members are.