beggars belief.......

brin
brin Posts: 1,122
edited March 2011 in The bottom bracket
http://news.aol.co.uk/uk-news/story/wom ... 52F1628243

bad enough ANYONE should do this...but a WOMAN??? FFS!
hope she has a good night in police custody!

Comments

• hugo15
    hugo15 Posts: 1,101
    Left me speechless when I read about this.

Don't see the fact that it was a woman has any relevance through :?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Probably this lovely lady: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmYBTb4bM4A

(No amount of stupidity surprises me any more.)
  • hugo15 wrote:

No, I didn't get the woman bit either. There are people of both sexes that I can only aspire to be, there are also people of both sexes that I wouldn't want to have sticking to the bottom of my shoe.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    A sad reflection of the society we live in today.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    hugo15 wrote:

The gender of the perpertrator may be irrelevant in terms of it being the cause of the incident, but if they had just said a 'person' you'd soon be saying 'well, was it a man or a woman?'
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • brin
    When i heard it on local radio, i missed the headlines which may of said it was a woman, and 1st impression was it was probably a male, you know the stereo - type hoodie, i was shocked when it mentioned 'she' had been arrested, but as rightly stated, in today's society nothing should really shock me.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    philthy3 wrote:

+1 :(
  • BarryBonds
    BarryBonds Posts: 344
    what a retard, perhaps a bullet in her head would have been better for society
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    philthy3 wrote:

Ah these comments irritate me.

As if this kind of thing never happened before.

People are people, whether now or 200 years ago.

Things like this don't change. Ever

All the things people winge about now - people are greedy - no respect to their elders - new music is rubbish - young people are lazy - British people drink too much and I feel threatened at night as a result - it's all the same sh!t that's been said for literally 200 years.

What's changed is your perception of the world in your own head.
  • philthy3 wrote:

All the things people winge about now - people are greedy - no respect to their elders - new music is rubbish - young people are lazy - British people drink too much and I feel threatened at night as a result - it's all the same sh!t that's been said for literally 200 years.

Ah, but is this inability to see things with a historical and objective perspective a sad reflection of the society we live in today? :twisted:
  • rick_chasey
    philthy3 wrote:

Ah, but is this inability to see things with a historical and objective perspective a sad reflection of the society we live in today? :twisted:

:P
  • StillGoing
    Sorry Rick but 20 years ago, people weren't urinating on the cenotaph, "steaming" people's houses, ridiculing war heros and certainly not acting like the biggest ladies front bottom ever, by shouting bang at someone who had been shot in an attempt to murder him, for just doing his job and as a consequence has lost his sight forever more.

I'd like to give that sill little bitch a rifle and pack her off to the front line where she can be cannon fodder.
  • rick_chasey
    philthy3 wrote:
    Sorry Rick but 20 years ago, people weren't urinating on the cenotaph, "steaming" people's houses, ridiculing war heros.

Yeah they were, and you're not sorry.

It wasn't reported on, since it wasn't considered news then and it shouldn't be now.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    philthy3 wrote:

So you are essentially saying society barely changes. Ever? Not really true is it, I can tell this whenever I go out in my nearest city...20 yrs ago there were a only few clubs with doorstaff...now all the pubs, bars and clubs have them. Why is this? A subtle change but change nonetheless. I do agree with you though when you say people hark back to the past like it was some sort of utopia far too easily, but to suggest there is no change at all is incorrect imo.
  • StillGoing
    He's just having a bad day. I blame society :lol:
  • brin
    philthy3 wrote:
    Sorry Rick but 20 years ago, people weren't urinating on the cenotaph, "steaming" people's houses, ridiculing war heros.

Yeah they were, and you're not sorry.

It wasn't reported on, since it wasn't considered news then and it shouldn't be now.

so if it wasn't reported on how do you know it happened, sorry?

without dragging out the 'when i was a lad syndrome' most things then would of been dealt with by -
    1 Parents
    2 Victims
    3 Police
    unfortunately now, if you were to smack someone who offended/assaulted you, you will probably end up in the dock
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    I blame Wiggle.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • TuckerUK
    TuckerUK Posts: 369
    Are we really that surprised that child abusing Moat has a fan club? From the very little I've seen and/or heard the most watched soap on TV is full of Moatish characters.
    "Coming through..."