Accessories: Elite Carbon Bottle Cages

[imghttp://www.flickr.com/photos/robbiesilcock/5492536404/in/photostream/[/img]

[imghttp://www.flickr.com/photos/robbiesilcock/5491936663/in/photostream/[/img]

[imghttp://www.flickr.com/photos/robbiesilcock/5492529546/in/photostream/[/img]

[imghttp://www.flickr.com/photos/robbiesilcock/5492520808/in/photostream/[/img]

[imghttp://www.flickr.com/photos/robbiesilcock/5491921059/in/photostream/[/img]

[imghttp://www.flickr.com/photos/robbiesilcock/5492506194/in/photostream/[/img]

[imghttp://www.flickr.com/photos/robbiesilcock/5491899311/in/photostream/[/img]

Thanks for looking at my bike, and yes.... White Bar Tape will be coming come Summer :D
1984 Ciocc Aelle
KHS CX200
Specialized Rockhopper
Wilier Cento Uno SR
Kinesis Gran Fondo Ti

Comments

• wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    Let me be the first to say "bello" :wink:
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • Berk Bonebonce
    Berk Bonebonce Posts: 1,245
    I have to say it looks well set-up. And anyone with CX tubs/tyres on their bike knows what they are doing.
  • "Campy" :roll:

Lovely frame though. Oh what I'd give for a De Rosa...
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    Very nice indeed. Intrigued by the wheels - where did you get the red spokes and the decals?
  • Poulsy
    Poulsy Posts: 155
    That is gorgeous. Very clean lines. Do you live in a Castle?!
  • Very nice indeed. Intrigued by the wheels - where did you get the red spokes and the decals?

I had the wheels custom made and I was initially after all black spokes. The guy building the wheels then came back to me with the idea of lacing a few red spokes into it and getting the red decals made to match. I think it's tasty looking and really compliments the bike, however I am open to all feedback.
    The spokes were sourced from the US and the are DT Swiss Aerolites.

If you would like more info on the wheels the guy has a facebook page in the name of "VON2 CUSTOM BICYCLE COMPONENTS"
    Cheers.
    1984 Ciocc Aelle
    KHS CX200
    Specialized Rockhopper
    Wilier Cento Uno SR
    Kinesis Gran Fondo Ti
  • "Campy" :roll:

Not a fan of the campy??? I'm new to it, but impressed so far. Just figured it would be a travesty putting shimano on an italian frame for purely aesthetic reasons.
    1984 Ciocc Aelle
    KHS CX200
    Specialized Rockhopper
    Wilier Cento Uno SR
    Kinesis Gran Fondo Ti
  • Poulsy wrote:
    That is gorgeous. Very clean lines. Do you live in a Castle?!

:lol: No, unfortunately I do not live in a castle, however, i do like the idea of it. :lol:
    1984 Ciocc Aelle
    KHS CX200
    Specialized Rockhopper
    Wilier Cento Uno SR
    Kinesis Gran Fondo Ti
  • I have to say it looks well set-up. And anyone with CX tubs/tyres on their bike knows what they are doing.

Cheers man, I've been trying to "grow a set" and cut the steerer right down so that I have no spacers, but I'm a little cautious. As for the tyres, the devil is definetly in the detail :)
    1984 Ciocc Aelle
    KHS CX200
    Specialized Rockhopper
    Wilier Cento Uno SR
    Kinesis Gran Fondo Ti
  • emx
    emx Posts: 164
    Robbie8787 wrote:
    "Campy" :roll:

Not a fan of the campy??? I'm new to it, but impressed so far. Just figured it would be a travesty putting shimano on an italian frame for purely aesthetic reasons.

you may have misunderstood....I think the fella was pulling you up for saying 'campy' rather than 'campag'. Pardon the pun, but 'campy' is a bit.....camp.....
  • emx wrote:
    Robbie8787 wrote:
    "Campy" :roll:

you may have misunderstood....I think the fella was pulling you up for saying 'campy' rather than 'campag'. Pardon the pun, but 'campy' is a bit.....camp.....

Ah I see!!! I guess I will learn quickly with the help of this forum!
    1984 Ciocc Aelle
    KHS CX200
    Specialized Rockhopper
    Wilier Cento Uno SR
    Kinesis Gran Fondo Ti
  • Haha you will learn :wink:

Yes it woud indeed be a travesty running shimano on an Italian bike, especially a high end De Rosa (where the bike is actually Italian!)
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Keep showing me things like that and I may come over from the dark side(lugged steel).
  • dennisn wrote:
    Keep showing me things like that and I may come over from the dark side(lugged steel).

I have a wee steel number that i'm just about to upload that may make you want to rethink that quote. However, this is definetly my favourite.
    1984 Ciocc Aelle
    KHS CX200
    Specialized Rockhopper
    Wilier Cento Uno SR
    Kinesis Gran Fondo Ti
  • dennisn
    Robbie8787 wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

I have a wee steel number that i'm just about to upload that may make you want to rethink that quote. However, this is definetly my favourite.

I've got a steel Gios Compact Pro and love it. Although lately my eyes have started to wander toward new shiny stuff. What is it about shiny stuff? :? :?
  • amck111
    amck111 Posts: 189

:shock:

I'm thinking keep the black tape just as it is, yes?

Swap you for a Specialized Allez Comp ? :D
  • dennisn wrote:
    Robbie8787 wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

I've got a steel Gios Compact Pro and love it. Although lately my eyes have started to wander toward new shiny stuff. What is it about shiny stuff? :? :?

Steel Gios would be a beauty, is she on BR??
    1984 Ciocc Aelle
    KHS CX200
    Specialized Rockhopper
    Wilier Cento Uno SR
    Kinesis Gran Fondo Ti
  • amck111 wrote:

:shock:

I'm thinking keep the black tape just as it is, yes?

Swap you for a Specialized Allez Comp ? :D

Alan,
    I have to say, you can photograph all my bikes from now on mate. You sorted out the background well. I maybe just will stick with black, which means I have a nice free pack of white tape for you if you wish. :wink:
    1984 Ciocc Aelle
    KHS CX200
    Specialized Rockhopper
    Wilier Cento Uno SR
    Kinesis Gran Fondo Ti
  • dennisn
    Robbie8787 wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Robbie8787 wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

Steel Gios would be a beauty, is she on BR??

No, I'm really pretty computer stupid. Maybe I'll ask my 10 year old nephew to help me post pictures.
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    Robbie8787 wrote:
    Very nice indeed. Intrigued by the wheels - where did you get the red spokes and the decals?

I had the wheels custom made and I was initially after all black spokes. The guy building the wheels then came back to me with the idea of lacing a few red spokes into it and getting the red decals made to match. I think it's tasty looking and really compliments the bike, however I am open to all feedback.
    The spokes were sourced from the US and the are DT Swiss Aerolites.

If you would like more info on the wheels the guy has a facebook page in the name of "VON2 CUSTOM BICYCLE COMPONENTS"
    Cheers.

Cheers for the info
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    Molto Bella! :D
  • Any chance I seen you at the Lap the Lough sportive today?
  • mcstaycfc wrote:
    Any chance I seen you at the Lap the Lough sportive today?
    you certainly did!! Good day out it was too, what did you make of it??
    1984 Ciocc Aelle
    KHS CX200
    Specialized Rockhopper
    Wilier Cento Uno SR
    Kinesis Gran Fondo Ti
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Both the Ciocc and the King3 are lovely. I know what you mean about the spacers - maybe just cut another 5mm of steerer to enud up with just a single rather than 2 big 5mm spacers, it throws the look off a bit.

The wheels are interesting - great job on the colour scheme to match the red accents on the frame. Kinlins are a great weight/cost/performance proporition - I just with they came in 22/23mm width to give the tyre feel I like from HED C2s/CL24s.

Ignore the Campag vs Campy vs Campa vs Shimano debate, it's nonsense.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Stupendo!

I have to agree with FransJacques, two fantastic looking bikes in your stable there with the De Rosa and Ciocc, oh what a dilemma it must be deciding which one to take out!
  • I really enjoyed LTL although heard a few people complaining about the Hi5 stop and its lack of gels. Thats a seriously nice bike you have hope the white paint job held up at LTL
  • all i can say is AMAZING what a build