Cycling to Beer Ratio

cycladianpirate
cycladianpirate Posts: 122
edited March 2011 in The bottom bracket
After a scientific analysis of the subject that lasted no less than five minutes (i.e. visiting two websites), I find that the calorific value of a pint of beer is around 200 and that an hour's cycling (at between 14 and 16 mph) uses up 800.

Can that be right? If so, I'm setting up my watch to beep at 15 minute intervals to let me know that I've earned another brewskie.

:D

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    After a scientific analysis of the subject that lasted no less than five minutes (i.e. visiting two websites), I find that the calorific value of a pint of beer is around 200 and that an hour's cycling (at between 14 and 16 mph) uses up 800.

Can that be right? If so, I'm setting up my watch to beep at 15 minute intervals to let me know that I've earned another brewskie.

:D

I applaud your scientific endeavors in this most critical of cycling issues. I would like to know, however, if I can buy beer in carbon bottles, and will I go faster because I did so? :? :? :?
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Do a Google search on "beer exercise" and I believe you have found nirvana :P

This one in particular

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,307518,00.html
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • After a scientific analysis of the subject that lasted no less than five minutes (i.e. visiting two websites), I find that the calorific value of a pint of beer is around 200 and that an hour's cycling (at between 14 and 16 mph) uses up 800.

I've just drunk 2 litres of 5.3% cider after 17 miles at 12.3mph. How fast do I have to cycle the 2 miles downhill back to home to break even? Or even brake...?
  • After a scientific analysis of the subject that lasted no less than five minutes (i.e. visiting two websites), I find that the calorific value of a pint of beer is around 200 and that an hour's cycling (at between 14 and 16 mph) uses up 800.

I've just drunk 2 litres of 5.3% cider after 17 miles at 12.3mph. How fast do I have to cycle the 2 miles downhill back to home to break even? Or even brake...?

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    daviesee wrote:
    Do a Google search on "beer exercise" and I believe you have found nirvana :P

This one in particular

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,307518,00.html

Now that's what I've been waiting to hear. :D:D
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    I had 9 pints of warm Breda and a kebab before ending up with a fat ugly bird and throwing up all over myself.

Can I complain to Wiggle?
  • Yossie wrote:
    I had 9 pints of warm Breda and a kebab before ending up with a fat ugly bird and throwing up all over myself.

Can I complain to Wiggle?

Amazing.........I did just the same thing but with Sam Smiths Ayingerbrau......................
    I'm not fat, I'm big boned......
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    ...with the amount of beer I've recently consumed, I'm sure I must be owed a new bike?
    Cycling weakly