RPCC Ride - 5th March

tyskie
tyskie Posts: 252
Who's up for a spin on Saturday then, heading out from Richmond Park into the Surrey Hills?

So, for those of you coming to join us, usual meet & ride plan:
:arrow: 9am start on Saturday (or earlier if that's the consensus)
:arrow: Meeting point is Richmond Gate in Richmond Park, south side (on the left as you come up Sawyer's Hill / on the right if you come through Richmond Gate), by the little white building
:arrow: 80-120k @ 24-28kph / 50-75 miles @ 15-18mph usually, but nobody gets dropped
:arrow: Boxhill is a definite (as is a short tea / cake / toilet / bottle refill stop at the top)

As ever we'd like to emphasise that new faces are more than welcome and actively encouraged, and that applies to lurkers / long-time 'thread watchers' / any who haven't been able to make it along previously / those who don't want to commit on here but might feel like turning up on the day - please do join us if you want to!

It would also be good to see some of the 'old' faces as well.

So, who is about on Saturday :?:

Comments

• Definitely in. How far are you feeling like going?
  • tyskie
    Excellent. I'm looking at a decent distance, something like the Peaslake run. Quite happy to start at 8am if that suits better.

Weather looks dry as well allbeit a bit chilly overnight on Friday.
  • J09
    J09 Posts: 122
    I'm also in. Keen on a long and early, but willing to compromise.
  • In!
  • bondurant
    bondurant Posts: 858
    Out, sorry - had to get the miles in during the course of the week; busy weekend coming up.
  • tyskie
    Good stuff - decent turn-out. Shall we say 8.30 at Richmond Gate. Fairly early but still gives me an hour more time in bed than a weekday :D
  • 8:30 it is - wrap up warm as it looks to be a chilly one
  • SirUlrich
    SirUlrich Posts: 29
    I normally head out that way at the weekends, so would it be ok for a long time watcher to join the fun?
  • bcss
    bcss Posts: 174
    looks very appealing, after almost a year off from RPCC I ll try to join, but probably won't make it all the way as my legs are not quite up to speed yet
  • tyskie
    SirUlrich wrote:
    I normally head out that way at the weekends, so would it be ok for a long time watcher to join the fun?

Certainly would. Hope to see you there.
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    Enjoy the ride guys - I''ve got a brownie point overdraft at the moment so won't be able to make it out.

Nothing to do with the freezing cold...

SirUlrich - get yourself out!
  • Good ride yesterday - really enjoyed and good to meet you Dave

Might be up for a Sunday ride next weekend but on Saturday I'm cycling to Cambridge with a different group (pm me if you'd be interested in coming along).

Also on 16 April doing a Capital-Coast-Capital ride with the same bunch where RPCC-ers would be very welcome