Anyone had Ischial Bursitis?

hubcap
hubcap Posts: 163
edited March 2011 in The bottom bracket
I have developed this on my left sitbone recently which means I can not ride at the moment which is depressing :cry:

Just wondered if anyone else had experienced it and could offer any help. I saw the GP earlier this week and he said it is probably caused by pressure from the saddle and suggested trying a different one, which isn't particularly helpful seeing as I've had a number of saddles in the past and still haven't found one which I would say is 100% comfy!

I'm a bit unsure where to go from here. Reading up on the condition it says that it can also be caused by strain in the hamstrings, but seeing as I only get it on the left side would that mean that I'm not set up correctly on the bike which is putting more pressure on that side?

As I say any help or advise would be really appreciated as am feeling a bit lost.

Comments

• andy_f
    andy_f Posts: 474
    http://www.physioadvisor.com.au/9660750 ... physio.htm

Have you looked at the above page, it gives a good description of the injury and what to do to recover. From how it reads about damage to the top of the hamstring it could indicate that you have your bike set up wrong and once the pain has gone maybe you need to start tinkering with your bike or go to a good bike fitting shop and get measured up.
    "Let your life rule your job, not your job rule your life"

Born to ride, forced to work.
  • garrynolan
    garrynolan Posts: 560
    ...never heard of him...
    Visit Ireland - all of it! Cycle in Dublin and know fear!!
    exercise.png
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    garrynolan wrote:
    ...never heard of him...

Yeah, but Manchester City have put in a bid for £7m, just in case.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • hubcap
    Thanks for the info AndyF, lots of good stuff on the website. I think you're proabably right about getting a decent bike fit done too.

Thanks for the expected witty comments as well guys, although £7m sounds a bit expensive for someone who's such a pain in the arse :shock:
  • hubcap
    Thanks for the info AndyF, lots of good stuff on the website. I think you're proabably right about getting a decent bike fit done too.

Thanks for the expected witty comments as well guys, although £7m sounds a bit expensive for someone who's such a pain in the arse :shock: