Really good jerseys

Aguila
Aguila Posts: 622
edited March 2011 in Commuting chat
Hi,

If like me you love sportwool jerseys and are a bit of a rapha addict, I'd recommend checking these out:

http://www.torm.cc/products.html

Just ordered one of the long sleeve jerseys and first impressions very good. Really nice fit (a bit smaller than rapha) and very good quality cut, much better than Shutt whose jerseys are poorly made imho.

The price is very good, no wonder rapha were keen to keep them off the shelves!

Comments

• pianoleo
    pianoleo Posts: 135
    I read about these somewhere else the other day. How does sportwool compare to merino? I'm used to merino baselayer and bog standard polyester jersey...
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    A chap a couple of doors down from us at work has one of the red/white T1 jersies. Looked pretty good.

Was thinking about one of those and maybe a T5...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,402
    Offer ends today btw.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    I have a T3 jersey and base layer and they're both awesome. have had great service from them too.
    Hat + Beard
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Aguila wrote:
    Hi,

If like me you love sportwool jerseys and are a bit of a rapha addict, I'd recommend checking these out:

Just ordered one of the long sleeve jerseys and first impressions very good. Really nice fit (a bit smaller than rapha) and very good quality cut, much better than Shutt whose jerseys are poorly made imho.

How does the sizing compare to Shutt's? Not tried Rapha stuff, and I'm pretty tempted by another long sleeved sportwool top...
  • hatbeard
    they're form fitting but not figure hugging if that makes sense? they are close-fitting but don't feel painted on.

best bet would be lookup jersey sizes on the shutt website and do a like for like comparison to the ones on the torm site.
    Hat + Beard
  • Aidy
    I was sort of hoping someone owned both and could offer a comparison, a little fed up with the random sizing that everyone adopts :)

Their "interactive sizing guide" has me at XS, M, and L, and I normally wear small jerseys. Have to love not being a "normal" shape.
  • hatbeard
    Shutt:-
    mens-sizect.jpg

Torm:-
    Centimetres	 S	 M	 L	 XL
    Neck	 31-36	 36-41	 41-46	 46-51
    Chest	 81-86	 86-96	 96-107	 107-117
    Back length	 56-62	 62-68	 68-74	 74-80
    Arm length	 60-62	 62-64	 64-66	 66-68

Hat + Beard
  • Aidy
    ... but rapha also lists the same sizing guide, and it's already been reported that the Torm stuff comes up a bit smaller.
  • hatbeard
    I think they're exactly the same. if I remember tonight I'll lay my t3 jersey over my rapha lightweight one and check but both fit me fine in the same size.
    Hat + Beard
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Aidy wrote:
    ... but rapha also lists the same sizing guide, and it's already been reported that the Torm stuff comes up a bit smaller.

shorter in the arms from what blondie said

wonder if Torm got over the C&D from Rapha in the end
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • hatbeard
    did you not see the giant stripe they've stuck on the back of all their jerseys? I think an arrangement was made.
    Hat + Beard
  • Aidy
    I'll probably take a chance on the small, then.
  • hatbeard
    aidy do you work in their 'delivery by bike area'?

http://torm.cc/london-deliveries.html

if so you could ask them to bring both sizes and you try them for fit. I know they've done similar for others in the past.
    Hat + Beard
  • bobinski
    bobinski Posts: 570
    if it helps my large torm zipped long sleeve comes up smaller than my Rapha large equivalent. not by much and almost exactly the same as my shutt short sleeved summer jersey in a large.
  • Aguila
    bobinski wrote:
    if it helps my large torm zipped long sleeve comes up smaller than my Rapha large equivalent. not by much and almost exactly the same as my shutt short sleeved summer jersey in a large.

This is my experience too, I am probably between size M and L for rapha but the L from Torm fits me perfectly. The Shutt jerseys are similar size to rapha in my experience.

Torm and Rapha much better made and better fit.
  • jonginge
    JonGinge wrote:
    A chap a couple of doors down from us at work has one of the red/white T1 jersies. Looked pretty good.

I buckled. Those items have now shipped...
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Crawler2
    Crawler2 Posts: 29
    Me too. Grey/white T1 on its way.

Those country tops on the Rapha site look lovely, but £105 a go is a bit steep.
    My legs really ache.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    JonGinge wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

I think shops pay each other for your email address, it's like a direct debit to your bank account :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • jonginge
    Clever Pun wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

I think shops pay each other for your email address, it's like a direct debit to your bank account :lol:
    The ROI for the acquisition does seem to be quite high... :oops:
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Aidy
    Buckled and bought a T5 as well.
    At some stage I'm going to manage a week where I don't buy something cycling related...
  • Aidy wrote:
    Buckled and bought a T5 as well.
    At some stage I'm going to manage a week where I don't buy something cycling related...

Wash out your mouth!
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    JonGinge wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

oh and it took oh so SO much pressure... :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Aguila
    I think I should email them to get some commision!
  • pianoleo
    pianoleo Posts: 135
    I also buckled. One large T5 despatched. Won't be able to compare to either Rapha or Shutt, as I'm a cheapskate, but it'll be interesting to compare to my DHB jerseys...
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    Me too, ordered late last night and missed the discount but hey ho.

1 x Arm Warmers - Black with white stripe - Size II
    1 x T2 Jersey - Black and White - Large

May well get a T5 sometime soon.

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • jonginge
    Just got mine :D

First impressions are good. The T1 is reminiscent of my Rapha country jersey and fits perfectly. The T5 also fits well, looks great but, as others have noted, is a touch short on the arms. No bother though coz I'd be wearing it with long-fingered gloves anyway.
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Aidy
    Aguila wrote:
    Hi,

Okay, I've tried the T5 I ordered now.

It's definitely a bit baggier than a Shutt, less of a "race fit". Arms seem plenty long enough.
    I don't reckon there's really any difference in quality. If anything, I reckon Shutt has the edge.