• mingmong
    mingmong Posts: 542
    jim453 wrote:
    Anyone seen this documentary?

I'm currently watching it.

@ is wrong with these guys?

I'm sickened.

+1

Watched it last night. Commercial whaling sucks.
  • tebbit
    tebbit Posts: 604
    How about the killing of sharks just for the fins, absolutely disgusting.

+1 re commercial whaling
  • andy162
    andy162 Posts: 634
    Have a look at the work of the Sea Shepherd organisation. These go where Greenpeace dare not tread. They take a more "direct" approach than simply filming the goins on.

Infact their patrol boats have allegedly sunk the odd Japanese whaler in the past. Thier "stinkbomb" cannon is quite a device. Paul Watson who is the main man is something of a hero I reckon.

You're quite right...The Cove is devastating TV & something you can hardly watch.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,196
    Scientific research isn't it? :x
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    andy162 wrote:
    Have a look at the work of the Sea Shepherd organisation. These go where Greenpeace dare not tread. They take a more "direct" approach than simply filming the goins on.

Infact their patrol boats have allegedly sunk the odd Japanese whaler in the past. Thier "stinkbomb" cannon is quite a device. Paul Watson who is the main man is something of a hero I reckon.
    Yes, it's great fun going around committing violence on people because they have different opinions to you on what is acceptable.
    I'm sure that you supported the US when they went for Saddam, on similar grounds. Their M61A1 cannon is quite a device.
  • bompington wrote:
    andy162 wrote:

Yes, it's great fun going around committing violence on people because they have different opinions to you on what is acceptable.
    I'm sure that you supported the US when they went for Saddam, on similar grounds. Their M61A1 cannon is quite a device.
    Well said.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • andy162
    andy162 Posts: 634
    bompington wrote:
    andy162 wrote:

Well said.

No US support from me but I do applaud the work of a bunch of volunteers as they try to stop the cruel & unnecessary slaughter of some of our Planets finest creatures.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    andy162 wrote:
    No US support from me
    I'd never have guessed :wink: