Giving Blood Tomorrow....

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited March 2011 in The hub
Figured i'd give blood tomorrow, not fussed about needles or anything so I figured i'd do something for a good cause.

But can you feel the blood draining out? Im intrigued! Looking forward to it really :)

Oh and why is it only 3/4 of a pint?!

Anyone else a regular blood donor?

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i go dizzy giving blood samples, i swear i can feel the blood coming out :shock:
  • ricardo_smooth
    ricardo_smooth Posts: 1,281
    You can't really feel anything tbh, can just see it. I never feel any different after giving blood. They always say don't do anything strenuous for a while and many a time I've done intense exercise a couple of hours after!
  • I'v got an enduro on Sunday :lol:

Better not be weakened even more!!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    You can't feel it drain out. Never bothered me when I did it. I haven't given blood in a while as I had chemo which involved treatment with blood products so wasn't allowed to. It's been 5 years so I think I may be able to do give blood again now. Only thing stopping me is I am now scared of needles. Never was before but after 9 months of being used as a pin cushion I still get the heebie jeebies thinking about it. Daft, I know.
    Never felt any different after giving blood either by the way. Cup of tea and a biscuit whilst you chill out afterwards, quite pleasant really.
  • Yea i'm booked in just before my lunch so i'm gonna drag it out for as long as possible lol.
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    go for a quick pint straight after lack of blood makes you a cheap date :P
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Good on you btw. They won't let me donate any more because my blood has been contaminated by, er, their blood. Apparently that makes it unsafe :?
    Uncompromising extremist
  • cheers..

all went well.... was disapointed that I couldnt watch it all drain out :(

felt fine after, just a bit sleepy because I was laying under a window with the sun shining through :lol:

got a good excuse for this enduro on sunday though :D
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    cheers..

all went well.... was disapointed that I couldnt watch it all drain out :(

felt fine after, just a bit sleepy because I was laying under a window with the sun shining through :lol:

got a good excuse for this enduro on sunday though :D

me with one arm and you with less blood, what a pair :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Oh and why is it only 3/4 of a pint?!
    Because the bag only holds a pint, and the top quarter is foamy head, just like a good Guinness.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    and the top quarter is foamy head

I thought he was giving blood, now you're saying he's giving head as well? Glad I got turned away now
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    What do you mean?
    I always had to give head when giving blood. Is that not normal?
  • CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    I used to give blood but they brought a rule in that if you'd received blood from an operation then you weren't allowed to give again. I had my operation the week they brought the rule into effect despite asking for blood tests so I could give again, they're not interested. Shame really as I used to enjoy having a pint afterwards that went straight to my head.