Cycling Stats :)

fearnsy
fearnsy Posts: 278
edited March 2011 in MTB general
Hi all,
I don't know where to put this, road or mtb, or in what area.
However I have some stats, not very long ride, but I just wanted to see what you made of them and what I could change, possibly need to work on.

http://www.mapmytracks.com/explore/trac ... rolsbutton

I was riding a hardtail, not particularly light, my vengeance ultimate.
Thanks
Trek 930 singletrack 06-08
Pinnacle Peak 2.0 08-10
Carrera Vengeance Ultimate 11-

Comments

• getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    how do you change the figures to imperial, I want mph? Its just mumbo-jumbo to me at the moment. I can't relate to them
  • fearnsy
    If you have a look now it should have changed :)
    Pinnacle Peak 2.0 08-10
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    nope, it's still in metric
  • fearnsy
    damn well that's annoying, i changed my preferences on my profile to imperial and it displayed it in mph for me, then i logged out and it was in kph :s
    Pinnacle Peak 2.0 08-10
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    There's not enough there to be of any real use. No one can tell you where to improve as we have no idea how hard you're trying or anything.
  • fearnsy
    ah right, sorry
    Pinnacle Peak 2.0 08-10
  • fearnsy
    What's the speed like? average, fast, slow, I have no idea where I am relative to anyone else, I'm faster than all my friends, but I don't know how fast they are haha.
    Pinnacle Peak 2.0 08-10
  • fearnsy wrote:
    What's the speed like? average, fast, slow, I have no idea where I am relative to anyone else, I'm faster than all my friends, but I don't know how fast they are haha.

Speed depends entirely on the grade you are on and weather conditions. I could extremely well on a flat grade going 6kmh into a 70kmh headwind, but with no headwind 20kmh could be terrible.

By my standars the climbing and speed seem a bit low. I normally climb a 15% grade and over 600m in about 25 minutes, but seems to me as if your amount climbed was never more than 20 or 30m from what I can tell from the site, which isn't much, especially for the speed!

Overall though isn't too bad! Nothing amazing but not bad by any means.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    how do you change the figures to imperial, I want mph? Its just mumbo-jumbo to me at the moment. I can't relate to them
    KM-Miles divide Km by 1.6 so 18.99km=11.88miles.
    16kph=10mph etc
    :)