Libya

Wallace1492
Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
edited March 2011 in Commuting chat
It seems that Nelly Futado is going to give the money she earned from a show for the Gadaffi family in 2009 to charity.

Will then the oil workers/companies give back the money they have earned from working in Libya?
"Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,403
    It seems that Nelly Futado is going to give the money she earned from a show for the Gadaffi family in 2009 to charity.

Will then the oil workers/companies give back the money they have earned from working in Libya?

Give the money back to who exactly?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Bikequin
    Bikequin Posts: 402
    Perhaps as a nation we should give back all the money we’ve ever acquired from countries with dubious regimes – and at the same time go back to the dark ages.
    You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quin.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    rjsterry wrote:

Give the money back to who exactly?

To charity - the same as Nelly.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    What, darling Nelly didn't consider Gadaffi unpalatable in 2009 but does now?? I do wish 'celebreties' (and I use the word in it's loosest term) would stay the hell out of politics - unless they are Joanna Lumley of course.

Anyone else noticing the uncanny resemblance between Colonel G and Bob Dylan by the way? I would point out that I can find no record of them ever being in the same room at the same time...............hmmm.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    If she did the concert in 2009 she must have been either very naive or very stupid not to realise that the man was an insane despot - so why the sudden guilt complex ? Just a gesture to make publicity out of the present crisis as far as I can see
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    SimonAH wrote:
    Anyone else noticing the uncanny resemblance between Colonel G and Bob Dylan by the way? I would point out that I can find no record of them ever being in the same room at the same time...............hmmm.
    Like this?

small_dylan%20jackson%20gaddafi.jpg
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,354
    Bikequin wrote:
    Perhaps as a nation we should give back all the money we’ve ever acquired from countries with dubious regimes – and at the same time go back to the dark ages.

Or give back the money acquired by being a dubious regime?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    After a car MOT costing £107 and VED costing £60.50 and petrol costing £30 today I have decided to stop giving my money to despotic regimes. No longer will George Osborne and Col. Duck be getting my money through oil and excise duty :lol::lol:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men