Avid Elixir CR bit adjuster

02gf74
02gf74 Posts: 1,168
edited March 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Is it me or is this the most popintless and useless bit of kit?
:?
Twisting the barrel in alters the bite point of the brake pads but it ends up twisting the brake hose so it does not lie nicely :evil:

Can't say I have ever had issue with biting point on any disc brake (Shiman/Magura/Hope/Avid Elixir R) so this appears to be a feature that serves no useful purpose.

Comments

• jj1048
    jj1048 Posts: 107
    Mine works fine; just hold the plastic bit at the end of the hose whilst twisting the adjuster.

A lap of Cwmcarn or Whites level in the wet can take a lot out of a set of pads due to the gritty mud. I find it quite useful being able to wind the adjuster in before the final descent to compensate.
  • 02gf74
    you saying as you trun the adjut, the host does not twist?

The hollow bolt that holds the hose screws into the adjsuter so will turn with it .... can't see how it is possible to turn the adjuster without turning the brake hose, hmmmmmmm....
  • jj1048
    jj1048 Posts: 107
    On mine the hollow bolt screws into a silver alloy part which can turn independantly from the anodised alloy adjuster. So when the adjuster is turned the hose doesn't.
  • 02gf74
    ^^^^ yes indeed - had a play yesterday ... but the nut is quite tight, hence why I did not spot this before! :oops: