Boadman 2011range

2»

Comments

• The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    Given how much the competition has gone up,I reckon this years Boardmans are looking better value than ever.

Some of the specs have been slightly downgraded on paper,but the hardtails are now 120mm instead of 100mm travel,you get 2 x 10 drivetrains and so on,so future proofed.

Bet they ride aswell if not better than their 2010 models.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    edited March 2011
    I wish the current crop of Boardmans were out when I bought my Fury, the HT Comp is the equivalent spec of my Fury. The geometry is pretty similair too but it manages to be 1lb less in weight but £50 more. I would've gone for the Comp if I had the choice.

EDIT- The comp loses the XM317 rims, but I could live with that.
  • getonyourbike
    The current crop definitely seems to be 'trail' bikes than xc bikes. A good thing in my mind. If anybody asks for recommendations on the hardtails for £600/700/800 etc I'll just recommend the Boardman to suit their pocket.
  • rettah
    rettah Posts: 13
    Nice to see they've ditched the speed kings and now have 2.2 mountain kings. Should be a bit more durable.
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Those EM's are awesome.

Not happy at my Boardman now being the old model however.... wouldnt swap it for its equivalent though.
  • getonyourbike
    The only thing that looks bad about them is the wheelset on the EM 1.0. I'd expect better than Mavic 317 rims and formula hubs on a £2.5k bike.