Any help greatly appreciated.....

BBH
BBH Posts: 476
edited February 2011 in Road buying advice
Just after some boring ‘what bike advice’ So I am sorry in advance……

I have lost my winter bike to my brother and in the meantime am ‘bikeless’ as I don’t want to take my white one out in the current weather (I know, I know….)

Mrs bbh has given the green light for a replacement (had to work on that one!!!) but am so undecided between those listed above. I obviously cannot test ride all of them and was wondering if anyone has any first hand advice re: any of the above, ride comfort, stiffness, etc….I would be looking to use as a multipurpose bike, e.g. for winter base mile endurance, quick short sharp runs around and also crits in season (hence the leaning towards alu and not carbon and darker colours). I have read the reviews, googled until blue in the face and have now hit a decision wall and really need some help!!!

Btw, anyone got a caad 10 yet?? My lbs said ?may for my size but supply probs at the moment.

Cheers guys
2012 Scott Foil 10 (Shimano dura ace) - in progress
2011 Cervelo S2 (SRAM Red/Force)
2011 Cannondale Caad 10 (Shimano 105)

"Hills Hurt, Couches Kill!!"
Twitter: @MadRoadie

Comments

• rich164h
    rich164h Posts: 433
    What sort of spec would you get the S1 with for your budget?
  • BBH
    Well, was thinking of building it up myself (a new venture in itself :D:D ), so prob slowly develop with sram rival, ?bars/stem, aksiums or pro-lite bracs as winter wheels with either mavic elites or rs 80's for summer

Any good ideas??

"Hills Hurt, Couches Kill!!"
    Twitter: @MadRoadie
  • BBH
    Any views guys??