Trek 1200 with Mavic wheels stolen Manchester Fri 18th Feb

frogrocket
frogrocket Posts: 51
edited February 2011 in Road stolen
My Trek was nicked from outside Manchester town hall last Friday. It was locked up to the railings outside the Peace Gardens for 20 mins between 4.45pm and 5.05pm.

Pic attached is from a year ago so slightly different kit on;
Shimano Deore triple and rear mech, plus spd pedals. Everything else same as in pic;

r8t389.jpg

Mavic Cosmic Elite 20 spoke wheels on purple Hope hubs. Campag Veloce 9 sp shifters. 105/Tiagra brakes. Selle Italia Oktavia genuine gel saddle. Tifosi carbon seatpost.

Any info greatly appreciated as bike has sentimental value above monetary worth.[/img]
About 50/50 MTB/Road love;

GT Timberline (2000)
Lapierre Zesty 214 (2010)
Cube Attempt (2010)
Harry Hall single speed conversion (197/8?)

Comments

• I was trying to post this up last weekend but the forum was down. A mate then told me that he thought he'd seen a Trek 1000 advertised on Gumtree for £80 on Sunday night and that the ad had said "very similar", so I believe this was my bike.

The bike has been sold on and the police have spoken to the guy who sold it, but without ample evidence they can't make him say who he sold it to. If someone has picked up a bargain Trek in Manchester recently I'd really like to buy the bike back off them.

Please get in touch if you see this.
    About 50/50 MTB/Road love;

GT Timberline (2000)
    Lapierre Zesty 214 (2010)
    Cube Attempt (2010)
    Harry Hall single speed conversion (197/8?)